Official Wrasslin' Thread (renamed to reflect the discussion) (10 Viewers)

Thinking Cesaro just came out from the back to turn on him. Hope I'm wrong, though.

Only a matter of time...

Liking the idea of Sonya coming back in a different role.

So, they split up the IIconics because they thought Royce had potential to be a singles star, but Billie Kay is getting far more to do and Peyton got thrown into another tag team with Evans. WWE, man.

Dumb

Good match between D-Bry and Cesaro.

So, they split up the IIconics because they thought Royce had potential to be a singles star, but Billie Kay is getting far more to do and Peyton got thrown into another tag team with Evans. WWE, man.

Imagine a Netflix or Amazon or Disney+ or major network TV show where the showrunner shows up every week for filming, throws out the script the writers have been working on, and just makes everything up on his own minutes before things are ready to shoot. It would be considered insanity, the guy would be fired, and it would be a cautionary tale in media for decades to come.

And yet, that's exactly what happens every week in WWE, except he can't be fired because he owns the company.

Imagine a Netflix or Amazon or Disney+ or major network TV show where the showrunner shows up every week for filming, throws out the script the writers have been working on, and just makes everything up on his own minutes before things are ready to shoot. It would be considered insanity, the guy would be fired, and it would be a cautionary tale in media for decades to come.

And yet, that's exactly what happens every week in WWE, except he can't be fired because he owns the company.
We all know this this happens with both shows, but it still begs the question, why is Smackdown a far superior product than Raw?

We all know this this happens with both shows, but it still begs the question, why is Smackdown a far superior product than Raw?

It's just crazy when you think about it. I'm just happy he's hands off with NXT. The only downside is when someone is called up and their once promising career is ruined (Keith Lee for example).

It's just crazy when you think about it. I'm just happy he's hands off with NXT. The only downside is when someone is called up and their once promising career is ruined (Keith Lee for example).
I don't think Lee has been ruined...yet. When he's chasing around the 24/7 title, I'll get back to you.

Speaking of call ups, there was a recent rumor that they wanted to debut Damien Priest on Smackdown as KO's "best friend" to help him against The Bloodline. Owens balked at it and Roman agreed with him. So, maybe the answer as to why that show is better than Raw is because they have more outspoken talent who have more pull with Vince.

I don't think Lee has been ruined...yet. When he's chasing around the 24/7 title, I'll get back to you.

Speaking of call ups, there was a recent rumor that they wanted to debut Damien Priest on Smackdown as KO's "best friend" to help him against The Bloodline. Owens balked at it and Roman agreed with him. So, maybe the answer as to why that show is better than Raw is because they have more outspoken talent who have more pull with Vince.

If there is anyone not ready for prime time, it's Priest IMHO.

I think that’s exactly it.

Smackdown has Roman, KO, and Daniel Bryan to be voices of reason whose voices also carry a lot of weight.

And maybe Vince is a bit more cautious with the insane last second re-writes/backstage chaos when dealing with Fox’s show? USA has been accepting this stuff for years with Raw.

I think that’s exactly it.

Smackdown has Roman, KO, and Daniel Bryan to be voices of reason whose voices also carry a lot of weight.

And maybe Vince is a bit more cautious with the insane last second re-writes/backstage chaos when dealing with Fox’s show? USA has been accepting this stuff for years with Raw.
Good point

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom