Official Wrasslin' Thread (renamed to reflect the discussion) (70 Viewers)

Yeah, I thought of that, too, but that would be a pretty weak out, IMO. I would rather Jericho just take the L on that one by letting MJF mention his win as part of the build for MJF & Pinnacle. Don't try to retroactively and greatly diminish a big PPV win by a young building block of the company like MJF.
MJF is at such a high level right now, I don't see how that bit of kayfabe explanation would diminish the win at all. He could just fire back that Jericho is just covering for his failure and, eventually, build to another big singles match between the two.

MJF is at such a high level right now, I don't see how that bit of kayfabe explanation would diminish the win at all. He could just fire back that Jericho is just covering for his failure and, eventually, build to another big singles match between the two.
That just seems sloppy to me though. Jericho hit the Codebreaker and went for a pinfall in that match as part of a plan to lose? What if MJF hadn't kicked out? And there was a part in the match when Jericho thought he won and started to celebrate because he thought MJF had tapped in the Walls of Jericho. I really hope they don't go with the "Jericho let MJF win" excuse.

Honorable mention goes to QT for his promo as well.

I'm pretty excited to see Anthony Ogogo's debut next week. I think he's got a good presence, and he has the legit Olympic medal-winning boxer cred in his bag.

That just seems sloppy to me though. Jericho hit the Codebreaker and went for a pinfall in that match as part of a plan to lose? What if MJF hadn't kicked out? And there was a part in the match when Jericho thought he won and started to celebrate because he thought MJF had tapped in the Walls of Jericho. I really hope they don't go with the "Jericho let MJF win" excuse.
I'm just presenting an angle they *could* go with, not that they should, nor that it would be ideal.

Takeover, night 2 starting on Peacock.

Agreed. I have no clue about the guy, but he stood out in that segment last night.
He won a bronze medal in the 2012 Olympics, and was 11-1 as a pro boxer until he had to retire early due to a serious eye injury.

He was 160 lbs when he boxed, and he looks a lot bigger now.

He did commentary a few times on Dark, and I thought he did well for himself. And like you said, he definitely popped during that promo last night

Guess Finn is putting Kross over tonight.

You guessed right, but I think that was the expected outcome with the way they have built up Kross. His match with Ciampa to win the title the first time was a borderline squash.

This Cole/KOR match should be great.

Yep. Wonder if Cole is up next to go to the main roster as well and this is his farewell.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom