Official Wrasslin' Thread (renamed to reflect the discussion) (15 Viewers)

Alba has pretty solid WWE sources and this does correspond with the word that the Kross (and maybe Keith Lee) match was designed to "send a message" to NXT. And them no longer counting Charlotte's NXT title reigns towards her total. All this after Vince and his inner circle visited to scout a couple of weeks ago.

Seems Vince may think Hunter's operation has gotten too big for its britches.

So, I'm still trying to wrap my finger around the whole "Nikki as champ" thing and the only thing I can imagine is Nikki being set up for Alexa, who in turn sets up Becky's return that'll give us Becky vs. Charlotte at Mania or Becky-Rhonda II or a triple-threat match at Mania.

Perhaps I'm thinking too hard.
I think you are. More than likely it was a decision made right before the match started and they have no plan. They just wanted a big moment to close the show. Thinking there is any forethought or planning involved with the decisions made on Raw could lead to insanity.

I think you are. More than likely it was a decision made right before the match started and they have no plan. They just wanted a big moment to close the show. Thinking there is any forethought or planning involved with the decisions made on Raw could lead to insanity.
You’re probably dead on that’s how it went, they wanted to send the crowd home happy and had no other ways to do it. Since when does WWE ever long term anything with success

One of the things I love about non-WWE wrestling right now it feels like it's part of the real world. AEW acknowledge the indies. They have relationships with Impact and NWA and New Japan and AAA. It's like "Yeah, wrestling exists in all these different places and styles and we acknowledge that wider community and want to be a part of it."

Meanwhile WWE exists in this bubble that acknowledges nothing outside of it aside from vague mentions of "Japan" or "Mexico" and even craps on things that are technically part of it (NXT). It just feels like this insular, out of touch thing that's almost depressing to watch.

I'll also add that the amount of backstage pull Triple H seemed to have looks to have dissipated radically over the last few years. It seems like Vince legitimately got P'Oed that NXT failed to destroy AEW.

I'll also add that the amount of backstage pull Triple H seemed to have looks to have dissipated radically over the last few years. It seems like Vince legitimately got P'Oed that NXT failed to destroy AEW.
I mean Vince had to know that that wasn't going to happen right? This isn't the Monday Night Wars all over again.

I mean Vince had to know that that wasn't going to happen right? This isn't the Monday Night Wars all over again.

He apparently watches nothing aside from his own main roster product. This has been said by people like Bruce Pritchard, Jim Cornette, Jim Ross, former writers, etc. When guys come from the indies or Japan or Mexico to work for WWE, that's all scouts and talent relations finding them. Vince has no idea about them until they're in front of him.

Imagine someone in the film industry that only watches their own films. Or someone in the music industry that only listens to the music they produce. That kind of bubble is nuts to think about in entertainment. But when we talk about how out of touch he is, this is why.

I guess that's why it was considered a big deal that him, Pritchard, and others went down to NXT a few weeks ago to check it out. He doesn't even pay attention to it most of the time. And then after he did pay attention to it, he jobbed their champion out on Raw to an old Jeff Hardy that has been doing jobs on Main Event this year...

So I think it would probably be accurate to say he has very little understanding of the landscape of non-WWE wrestling.

And now this hilarity:

According to multiple sources I spoke to that were in attendance at the Capitol Wrestling Center for last night’s set of NXT tapings, Kross was showered with chants of “Hardy” from the moment he entered the arena. The segment, which saw the NXT Champ cutting a promo on Samoa Joe before escaping the ring as Joe made a run-in, was so taken over by the “Hardy” Chants that NXT had to reshoot the entire segment at the end of the night.

I think they just wrecked this guy's entire career.

And now this hilarity:

That's forked up.

Well looks like Vince’s message was sent loud and clear. In his eyes NXT doesn’t mean sheet

And now this hilarity:

Of all the talent in NXT, Kross most felt like a Vince type guy. Then they torpedoed him. I was never a huge fan, but now I feel bad for the him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom