Official Wrasslin' Thread (renamed to reflect the discussion) (24 Viewers)

It’s probably a mixture of both
MNF draws a much larger audience (with similar 18-49 male target priorities) than any AEW show and is direct competition for Raw on Monday nights. It's definitely much more a result of the NFL premiering this season's MNF.

Yeah because getting your arse kicked in a key demographic would be the last reason to make your program better plus the game tonight isn’t a great matchup

It doesn't have to be a great matchup. It's the debut of MNF. It's going to absolutely demolish any rating AEW has ever gotten or will ever get and, again, it's directly opposing Raw. I'm a big AEW fan and I think I'm one of the first ones here to jump off the WWE train, so I'm by no means carrying the water of the latter; but teasing a cash-in by Big E is a counter to having to go up against the consistent juggernaut that is MNF.

Last edited:
Key word “teasing”, I wouldn’t doubt Vince has already torn the script up multiple times to where now Lashley retains and Big E does nothing

At this rate, Joe might as well hang them up. He can't catch a break.

MNF draws a much larger audience (with similar 18-49 male target priorities) than any AEW show and is direct competition for Raw on Monday nights. It's definitely much more a result of the NFL premiering this season's MNF.
AEW Dynamite outdrew RAW in the key 18-49 demographic for the first time. If you don't think hot-shotting title defenses is in some way related to that, well...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom