Official Wrasslin' Thread (renamed to reflect the discussion) (10 Viewers)

I don't know. I feel like they want this Roman to beat every big name they can get to face him. I was hoping Big E would be the babyface to take that title off him.

They want the Roman/Rock money match for Mania. Only problem is Rock is the biggest movie star in the world and kind of busy, and Hollywood underwriters don't like him wrestling for insurance purposes, anyway. So what seemed like a distinct possibility six months ago now seems much less likely.

Latest report was it seemed unlikely for 2022 and they were hoping for 2023. If they're crazy enough to keep the belt on Roman that long they're insane. Something will have to give eventually.

I don't know. I feel like they want this Roman to beat every big name they can get to face him. I was hoping Big E would be the babyface to take that title off him.
Kinda what I was saying.

They want the Roman/Rock money match for Mania. Only problem is Rock is the biggest movie star in the world and kind of busy, and Hollywood underwriters don't like him wrestling for insurance purposes, anyway. So what seemed like a distinct possibility six months ago now seems much less likely.

Latest report was it seemed unlikely for 2022 and they were hoping for 2023. If they're crazy enough to keep the belt on Roman that long they're insane. Something will have to give eventually.
Wasn't Bruno Sammartino champ for like 4-5 years straight? I can see them trying to make Roman the new version of him. Definitely still crazy but wouldn't surprise me.

Wasn't Bruno Sammartino champ for like 4-5 years straight? I can see them trying to make Roman the new version of him. Definitely still crazy but wouldn't surprise me.
Wasn’t that without weekly tv though (definitely pre-internet)?

I’m sure they could get away with him taking time off between title defenses, or running back the same matchup while just pretending it was fresh.

I don’t think a long reign like that would work today.

Roman would either have to beat Finn Balor like 100 times, or it would be like Nick Aldis only defending the belt 16 times in almost 3 years.

With 2 hours of Smackdown per week and a PPV every month, Roman has already defended the title that many times, and it’s only been a year. So they would have to slow him waaay down.

How long would that stay compelling?

Only a matter of time before it gets repetitive and the crowd turns on all the great work Reigns has done as a heel
Agreed. That’s why they need a plan that isn’t just “we’ll probably have a Roman v Rock match in 1-2 years.”

Don’t normally post rumors but:

• We’ve got out latest list of WWE banned words, courtesy of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter: Blood, choke, belt, strap, diva, head shot, trauma, kayfabe, Mofos, house show, DQ, The Anti-Diva, spinal injuries, victim, violence, violent, wrestling, wrestlers, WWF, wifebeater, curb stomp, phrases including the word “push” and “being over,” babyface, heel, job, jobber, card, strangle, kill and murder.

Don’t normally post rumors but:

• We’ve got out latest list of WWE banned words, courtesy of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter: Blood, choke, belt, strap, diva, head shot, trauma, kayfabe, Mofos, house show, DQ, The Anti-Diva, spinal injuries, victim, violence, violent, wrestling, wrestlers, WWF, wifebeater, curb stomp, phrases including the word “push” and “being over,” babyface, heel, job, jobber, card, strangle, kill and murder.
WWF? Lmao.

Different era where TV existed only to sell tickets to live events and the champ was rarely on, anyway. You only got to see Bruno a handful of times a year (if that).

Even through the Hogan era the champ wasn't wrestling on TV every week. Maybe you'd get a promo or something to sell tickets or ppvs but that was it.

Those kind of insanely long reigns won't ever happen again. They'd kill interest in this day and age.

So I see some are posting about Johnny Wrestling's contract about to expire. Does he stay or does he go? And if he does walk, where?

I think if he stays or leaves all depends on the new direction of NXT. My guess he leaves but not sure where he would go plus would he really leave given that Candice is pregnant

• wifebeater, curb stomp, phrases including the word “push” and “being over,” babyface, heel, job, jobber, card, strangle, kill and murder.

Someone in WWE has started feed Meltzer info after the NXT thing. He had very little tangible stuff from there for a while indicating his sources had moved on, but he's getting specific stuff again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom