Official Wrasslin' Thread (renamed to reflect the discussion) (29 Viewers)

Of course! And I'm saying the reason for that change was panic over the AEW number, especially since football is starting.
But MNF starting is what caused a 17.3% drop in their 18-49 demographic rating last night. The WWE knows this happens to Raw every football season. You think they booked more with AEW in mind than with a force that could knock off 17.3% of their most prized demographic in one week?

Of course! And I'm saying the reason for that change was panic over the AEW number, especially since football is starting.
You do realize that neither one of AEW's shows air at the same time as a WWE show right?

You do realize that by both companies being on at different days and/or times that the target demographic can actually watch all 5 shows, giving them all the same boost right?

So if that is the case, why oh why does Vince care about the ratings demographics of a show on Wednesday night when his show appears on Monday? It's simple. He doesn't. He cares about that sporting event that airs the same time on Monday night as his Raw series does.

You do realize that neither one of AEW's shows air at the same time as a WWE show right?

You do realize that by both companies being on at different days and/or times that the target demographic can actually watch all 5 shows, giving them all the same boost right?

So if that is the case, why oh why does Vince care about the ratings demographics of a show on Wednesday night when his show appears on Monday? It's simple. He doesn't. He cares about that sporting event that airs the same time on Monday night as his Raw series does.

I do. And it's the first time in two decades his wrestling program was outperformed by a rival wrestling program. Keep your head in the sand about it if it helps, but the hotshotting was in response to Dynamite's numbers.

^ This all day long. MNF did more to bring down Raw's key 18-49 demographic rating in one night than AEW did with their string of recent signings - Punk, Cole, & Danielson.

I do. And it's the first time in two decades his wrestling program was outperformed by a rival wrestling program. Keep your head in the sand about it if it helps, but the hotshotting was in response to Dynamite's numbers.
Stop taking everything Meltzer says as gospel. He is close friends with Tony Khan (as well as with the Young Bucks) and so he is going to have a bias toward propping AEW up like he is here. Ringside News has reported with a source from the WWE creative team that AEW didn't factor into the WWE's decision to move up the title match and have Big E successfully cash in, and other sites have credited the opposition of MNF for the move.

Not surprised MNF smashed Raw, it has for years but it’s going to get even worse once the season gets into full swing and the games stay competitive

For someone who claims to watch no WWE programming, you sure are obsessed with their reasoning behind their creative decisions.

Didn't watch NXT 2.0 last night , on DVR...worth the watch?

Happy for Big E.. a long time coming. I guess a short reunion of New Day till the draft.

Saw earlier today about a teaser for Hurt Business...never should have broken up.

Can't wait to see what MJF has to say tonight and whats next for Jericho.

Didn't watch NXT 2.0 last night , on DVR...worth the watch?

Happy for Big E.. a long time coming. I guess a short reunion of New Day till the draft.

Saw earlier today about a teaser for Hurt Business...never should have broken up.

Can't wait to see what MJF has to say tonight and whats next for Jericho.
Some of NXT was super cringy. Rex Steiner now being called Bron Breakker and looking as generic as possible tops the list. They introduced some new blood who, of course were all big men. They wrote KOR out of the title match, and inserted, you guessed it, a big man. The highlight of the night may have been the InDex wedding. Pretty funny/entertaining.

Agree with all of your other comments, especially about The Hurt Business.

The wedding was funny.

In general I found the NXT 2.0 presentation pretty cheap looking and lackluster.

Bron Breakker is a horrid name but he has promise, I think.

Overall it was pretty meh.

Watch or don't watch... I don't know what to do. Maybe I'll skip to the wedding because those two are hilarious together.

That was hilarious. That gimmick is so fun.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom