Official Wrasslin' Thread (renamed to reflect the discussion) (34 Viewers)

I get that, but people think he is getting special treatment because he has power in the company. I'm not saying it's right. Just explaining why they don't like it.
But they weren't booing him in the beginning is the point. They turned on him for no reason apparently. If he won the heavyweight title and had been dominating then yes, boo that. Honestly I think the horrible neck tattoo has a part in it but I'm lacking information because I wasn't watching then but I still read wrestling news. I have been watching Dynamite and Rampage but not 100 or all at once. I haven't fully dived in yet.

Am I the only one who feels Britt's wrestling skills isn't all that compared to that of others in the women's division.

Here's the deal with her:

They tried her as a face initially and it didn't work at all. Then she found the heel character and they pushed her to the top when it got over. The problem is she's a very mediocre wrestler and hasn't really improved. Which isn't shocking when you consider the fact that she literally works her day job as a dentist and pretty much jets in for AEW shows then right back to work as a dentist the next day. Both her and Adam Cole have talked about this. AEW is basically her part time job. And while it's cool that they're allowing her to do that and it's great for her that she's got a stable career outside of wrestling (which isn't stable at all), the reality is her wrestling will never improve without devoting more time to it. So as a worker, we've pretty much seen her ceiling. And it's fairly low. In retrospect, it's sort of unfair that she was the one that got all the rub from that match with Thunder Rosa a while back, but Rosa was on loan from NWA and not under AEW contract at the time so it made sense that they pushed their own talent. But Rosa is legitimately talented and was doing the work in that match.

I think it's time for them to focus on some of the other women for the top of the card. She can still be over without the belt and the belt can be used for actual good matches.

Last edited:
But they weren't booing him in the beginning is the point. They turned on him for no reason apparently. If he won the heavyweight title and had been dominating then yes, boo that. Honestly I think the horrible neck tattoo has a part in it but I'm lacking information because I wasn't watching then but I still read wrestling news. I have been watching Dynamite and Rampage but not 100 or all at once. I haven't fully dived in yet.

People actually did start to turn on him around the time he got that awful neck tattoo. But it's a chicken and egg thing. I don't think it was the tattoo itself, but more that the tattoo represented a guy that was so far up his own arse that he had become delusional about how people perceived him. And if you look at what people say, that seems to be the case: they don't like the over the top entrances that no one else seems to get. They find Cody and Brandi off putting on a personal level. They found the promo cut in that Anthony Ogogo feud weird where he was basically talking about ending racism with his biracial daughter and making it a patriotic American vs foreign heel thing at a time where no one wants that. That horrible Nightmare Family vs Nightmare Factory feud where they kept trying to make QT Marshall a thing. The fact that he seems to exist in his own little pocket dimension (fans have been calling it "Cody Island") where his angles have nothing to do with anything else going on around them. The rumors that he and the rest of the EVP's (the Bucks and Kenny) have had a legitimate backstage falling out and are no longer friends.

I don't think it's any one thing. It's death by a thousand cuts.

Here's the deal with her:

They tried her as a face initially and it didn't work at all. Then she found the heel character and they pushed her to the top when it got over. The problem is she's a very mediocre wrestler and hasn't really improved. Which isn't shocking when you consider the fact that she literally works her day job as a dentist and pretty much jets in for AEW shows then right back to work as a dentist the next day. Both her and Adam Cole have talked about this. AEW is basically her part time job. And while it's cool that they're allowing her to do that and it's great for her that she's got a stable career outside of wrestling (which isn't stable at all), the reality is her wrestling will never improve without devoting more time to it. So as a worker, we've pretty much seen her ceiling. And it's fairly low. In retrospect, it's sort of unfair that she was the one that got all the rub from that match with Thunder Rosa a while back, but Rosa was on loan from NWA and not under AEW contract at the time so it made sense that they pushed their own talent. But Rosa is legitimately talented and was doing the work in that match.

I think it's time for them to focus on some of the other women for the top of the card. She can still be over without the belt and the belt can be used for actual good matches.
Yeah, the women's division just isn't that strong. Deeb is the best, by far, then Rosa, and then maybe Shida and Riho, but that's about it as far as genuinely good workers at this stage. There's not enough there to justify more than one or two matches a week on the two shows and certainly not on PPV.

Hilariously absurd.

o1nvgqesq1081.jpg

WWE cutting a bunch more talent this evening. I guess their idea of the future is Roman beats everybody forever and then they get fired.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom