Officiating in yesterdays game was finally fair (1 Viewer)

The officiating yesterday was horrendous.

It just looked good because it was better than what we've had the last 2 years.

Any other season and this would have been a poorly officiated game. But this season with so many terrible calls week in and week out, this was barely a speed bump.

No, into his chest as they were both on their knees and he lowered his head. Then he faked like he was injured until he saw the flag was thrown and he got up to celebrate. What was CJ supposed to do? Let him crawl into the endzone? It was incidental contact which is not illegal, especially since the "head shot" was initiated by the runner lowering his head at the last second. CJ's head was up.
Agreed. Not a penalty at all. If so, at least half of the tackles in a football game would be a penalty. He was not defenseless. He was leaning forward into the tackler.

Well, finally, it wasn't the Ref's that beat us. The Whiners actually had many more penalties than we did. And, the ones that we got was actually right calls.

The only "non" call that I take exception with was on the Fake Punt. That was definitely holding all the way down the field. It should have been called.

The Ref's for once were not the reason we lost that game. Hope we can get that crew again.
Impossible! The refs are the only reason we lose games, ever.

I wonder when was the last time, if ever, the Saints lost fair and square. ???

Considering the terrible calls made, sad.
It is sad. Sad that we've been hosed to the point that we're calling a game fair just because there wasn't an insane amount of flags thrown against us vs. just a few on our opponent. Sad that we consider it fair that we got off the field twice on third down in the fourth quarter only to have one phantom and one seriously questionable call extend the drive which the 49ers turned into a TD. Sad.

It was very fair for the national audience to not critique.

In any game, there are going to be calls that could go either way. There are going to be ticky tacky calls. Yet, this game was actually called pretty fair. Officials are human. They don't see everything. But, it was obvious that they weren't out to get us in this game.

In any game, there are going to be calls that could go either way. There are going to be ticky tacky calls. Yet, this game was actually called pretty fair. Officials are human. They don't see everything. But, it was obvious that they weren't out to get us in this game.

How do you explain them calling those ticky tack OPI and DPI in the 4th quarter when they hadn't made those same calls in the first 3 quarters? I don't have a problem with calling penalties, at least be consistent with the calls. Is that too much to ask?

Dave's reply above mine I'm in 100% agreement with. I also question how they can miss their receiver throwing our DB to the ground by his jersey when they were the only two people within 20 yards of anyone else on the field. It's not just the number of flags thrown (or not thrown), it's the timing and consequence of them as well. If they were willing to let them play and let their receiver throw down our DB in the second quarter, why were they calling ticky tack/phantom calls on our DBs in the 4th quarter that led to a TD drive?

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom