Officiating shouldn't have mattered (1 Viewer)

nolafan33

SR is my life!
Reaction score
Having compotent CB's wins you this game. Going in with Delvin Breaux as your only reliable corner should have never happened. The PI call was terrible, but a lot of the time the game comes down to factors that happened before.

PJ Williams has talent, and he will get much better as the season goes on. But he's a nickel at best, and for a team with playoff aspirations he shouldn't see the field all that much. Hopefully Moore can come in and help out, bring some much needed experience to the corner position. Harris and Crawley are the kind of guys that would have made this team off special teams ability in our best years. They shouldn't see the field.

No it should.not have mattered. I get it, but it did .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

As bad as the defense played, it doesn't change the fact the game should have ended 34-27 Saints.

Instead the raiders got an extra possession after throwing the ball into the sidelines on 4th down.....

Officials got under my skin this game...a bad call in the middle of the game does not equal a bad call with under 2 min left.

It shouldn't have mattered, but it did. We had that game won. However we managed to get there, we had that game won. It was our Win, not the Raiders'. The refs took it away with that call.

Yeah that ball was pretty much thrown OOB and didn't look very catch-able, but they had kind of a BS PI call vs Cooks earlier too, so it should have been a wash.

There's just a lot of inexperience in the secondary right now and we are not getting much pass rush to help them out. I think things will get better as the season goes on. And hopefully Breaux isn't out for long.

As bad as the defense played, it doesn't change the fact the game should have ended 34-27 Saints.

Instead the raiders got an extra possession after throwing the ball into the sidelines on 4th down.....

Officials got under my skin this game...a bad call in the middle of the game does not equal a bad call with under 2 min left.

Nail on the head! Game should have been over. We should all be used to it though (Saints vs. Opponent + refs= loss.) I thought we played well, and can't complain about too much else. Just a terrible call that changes the game. I feel bad for the players....

Didn't see anything wrong with the play of Harris. Thought he was decent. Crawley was abused. Crabtree didn't have a catch before Breaux went out. He manhandled Crawley the whole second half.

I haven't looked at all the replays of that "magical event". I do know from my perspective that was an utterly BS call. If a call that is so subjective is used to completely change a game's outcome then I can rest easy knowing that I continue to find other things to fill a Sunday afternoon.

In fairness the Saints had plenty of opportunity to put this game away.

2 TD lead in the 3rd quarter says a lot.

I have heard analyst say to just chuck it up on 4th down, cause more then likely the refs will call PI to extent the play. The fact is the Dline played bad, we had many chances to put that game away earlier. Just bad coaching, hopefully CSP admits so in the post press conference.

Yeah that ball was pretty much thrown OOB and didn't look very catch-able, but they had kind of a BS PI call vs Cooks earlier too, so it should have been a wash.

There's just a lot of inexperience in the secondary right now and we are not getting much pass rush to help them out. I think things will get better as the season goes on. And hopefully Breaux isn't out for long.

to be clear, the PI call against Cooks wasn't BS...go back and watch the DB has his left arm hindering the route of Cooks...Chris Myers even said it, but Barber didn't want to hear it because he dislikes NO, and played CB...and got away with that his entire career.

It was a legitimate call on a CATCHABLE ball.

also, we got NO pass rush to help out the DB's...inexcusable.

No it should.not have mattered. I get it, but it did .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I agree with you, I'm not letting the officials off the hook. I'm very aggitated.

But at some point we have to realize you can't rely on the officials. They're going to miss calls they shouldn't. The thing the staff has to do, the front office has to do, is put the best team on the field they can and that didn't happen today.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom