Offseason - Day 14 (1 Viewer)

Jonesy77

Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The days have run together since I last watched football. It seems like another lifetime ago that the Saints played last, and the next game is so far over the horizon that it would just as well be played on the surface of the moon. An entertaining slam dunk contest took some of the sting out of the weekend, but the future looks dark until April.

The urine and pot threads have thankfully run their course, but now we are inundated with posts with even less substance; links to news stories about beef recalls and baseball pranks. The cure has been worse than the disease. I long for the inevitable one star this thread will no doubt garner as proof that maybe there is something worth caring about in this world.

And like the blooming of the first bluebonnet of spring, the annual "which teams do you hate/like" threads have sprouted on the SSF board. Soon, the front page will be covered with a solid wall of them like the purple adorning a North Texas hilltop in March.

I spent 2 hours yesterday watching NFL follies to fill the void, and clung longingly on the clips of a Saints goalline fumble recovered by the Bears on the 35 yard line because at least there were FDLs on the helmets. How people watched this team in the 70s and early 80's, I may never know.

My hand grows heavy and my heart, weak. Only the hope of seeing Drew on the cover of the Sports Illustrated commemorative Super Bowl book and DVD has kept me alive this long. But I shall continue to put one foot in front of the other and occupy my time trying to keep my job or changing from being the "fat James Vanderbeek" back into just the "ugly James Vanderbeek". God bless.

The urine and pot threads have thankfully run their course, but now we are inundated with posts with even less substance; links to news stories about beef recalls and baseball pranks. The cure has been worse than the disease. I long for the inevitable one star this thread will no doubt garner as proof that maybe there is something worth caring about in this world.

I thought the EE board about 2-3 months ago was very boring. I like fun interactive threads that contain very little substance. The 2 threads you pointed out (peeing in the shower and smoking pot) I started both of those threads as a fun topic.

The thread "Whats the strangest place you ever woke up after a night of boozing", To me thats a great thread that many people can get a kick out of. Most viewers of that thread probably have a story to tell and its pretty interactive. It has 53 respones in less than 36 hours.

Other message boards I go to have their version of the "EE" board. Those other boards are littered with hilarious threads. This one isn't so much. I think its because this message board has more older members who don't find imature topics funny. They just leave it as immature.

There are a few clowns on here that when they post I always read it because it incites a laugh. Other members I know are very whinny and stale and tend to avoid those threads.

For the record I happen to like the majority of your topics.

rating_2.gif

:shrug:

i gave it 2 stars because it's one of jonesy's better efforts :shrug:

I long for the inevitable one star this thread will no doubt garner as proof that maybe there is something worth caring about in this world.

I gave it one star, because, well, it was inevitable.

I gave it 3 so it would be voted down so I can change my vote back to a 1 and secure this as a 1 star thread.

My recent 1 star rating as of 1:51pm was rendered useless as the count remained at 3.

We can all watch cars riding around in circles

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom