Offseason outlook. (1 Viewer)

nextyear

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
New Orleans Saints Draft

1st Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma (trade down pick up a 2nd)

2nd Brandon Williams, NT, Missouri Southern

3rd Bacarri Rambo, S, Georgia

3rd (Ivory trade) Robert Alford, CB, Southeastern Louisiana

4th Brandon Jenkins, OLB, Florida St

4th (compensatory) A.J. Klein, ILB, Iowa St

5th Cobi Halmiton, WR, Arkansas

6th Cornelius Washington, OLB, Georgia

7th Jordan Rodgers, QB, Vanderbilt

New Orleans Saints Free Agency

Jermon Bushrod, T,UFA-Gone
Rafael Bush, S, ERFA-Resigned
Jonathan Casillas, LB, UFA-Gone
Chase Daniel, QB, UFA-Resigned
Brian De La Puente, C, RFA-Resigned
Justin Drescher, C,RFA-Resigned
Sedrick Ellis, DT , UFA-Gone
Junior Galette, DE, RFA-Resigned
Devery Henderson, WR, UFA-Resigned
Michael Higgins, TE, ERFA -Resigned
Nick Hixon , CB,RFA-Gone
Ramon Humber, LB,UFA-Gone
Chris Ivory, RB, RFA-Traded for 3rd rounder, just can't stay healthy
Elbert Mack, CB, UFA-Resigned
Turk McBride, DE, UFA-Gone
Swanson Miller,DT, RFA-Gone
Eric Olsen, G, ERFA-Resigned
William Robinson, T, UFA-Gone
Courtney Roby, WR, UFA-Resigned
Scott Shanle, LB, UFA-Gone

Notable Cuts
Will Smith
Will Herring
Jonathan Vilma
Roman Harper

Gains
Tracy Porter CB
Larry Grant ILB
Ricky Jean Francois DE
Jared Cook TE

Roster (including some practice squad)
QB Brees, Daniel, Rogers
RB Ingram, Thomas, Sproles, Cadet
FB Collins
WR Colston, Moore, Henderson, Toon, Halmiton, Morgan, Roby
TE Graham, Cook, Higgins
OL Johnson, Strief, Evans, Grubbs, DLP, Olsen, Brown, Jones, Tiller

DL Jordan, Hicks, Bunkley, Francois, Williams, Johnson, Walker, Broughton
LB Galette, Wilson, Lofton, Hawthorne, Grant, Jenkins, Klein, Chamberlain, Washington
DB Greer, Robinson, Porter, White, Mack, Jenkins, IAQ, Bush, Rambo, Alford

K Hartley
P Morestead
LS Drescher

New Orleans Saints Draft

1st Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma (trade down pick up a 2nd)

2nd Brandon Williams, NT, Missouri Southern

3rd Bacarri Rambo, S, Georgia

3rd (Ivory trade) Robert Alford, CB, Southeastern Louisiana

4th Brandon Jenkins, OLB, Florida St

4th (compensatory) A.J. Klein, ILB, Iowa St

5th Cobi Halmiton, WR, Arkansas

6th Cornelius Washington, OLB, Georgia

7th Jordan Rodgers, QB, Vanderbilt

I'd punch my own face repeatedly.

Because only one guy that I like is on your at the right spot.

If we get our second rounder back I'm hopeful Lane Johnson can be had at pick #42

And you've cited our reason for trading Ivory is that he just cant stay healthy.

So who in their right mind gives up a third round selection for a guy who cant stay on the field?

Because only one guy that I like is on your at the right spot.

If we get our second rounder back I'm hopeful Lane Johnson can be had at pick #42

And you've cited our reason for trading Ivory is that he just cant stay healthy.

So who in their right mind gives up a third round selection for a guy who cant stay on the field?

There's no way the Lane Johnson last til the 2nd. Ivory when healthy has shined but there's a reason he didn't play early in the year. His punishing running style is hard on his body. It's not major injuries but 1-2 games missed at a time. I think with the lack of RB depth in the draft a 3rd could be had.

We won't get a compensatory pick. I've seen multiple predictions and we were given 0 in all of them.

Not sure why the hate on the mock here considering he explained we lost Bushrod in his mock "offseason". This is a very likely scenario in the case we do not replace Bushrod in FA, that is the key here. If you honestly think we are going to pull a starter to protect Brees' blindside in the later rounds, I think you are reaching to say the least. While I understand everyone wants the flashy pass rusher (Count me in that group), we have to look at the tackle position realistically. I for one hope it is solved prior to the draft and knowing Loomis and the fact that he doesn't like to go into a draft being forced to fill a need I see us at least signing one of the FA LT's even if its not one of the top guys out there.

There's no way the Lane Johnson last til the 2nd. Ivory when healthy has shined but there's a reason he didn't play early in the year. His punishing running style is hard on his body. It's not major injuries but 1-2 games missed at a time. I think with the lack of RB depth in the draft a 3rd could be had.

There is plenty of RB depth in the draft, there just aren't any sure fire top 10 type RBs.

If we could get a 3rd for Ivory we would have done it a long time ago. It is a lot easier to get a good draft pick for a player before the trade deadline than it is just before free agency and the draft because if a team needs a RB they can get one.

Not sure why the hate on the mock here considering he explained we lost Bushrod in his mock "offseason". This is a very likely scenario in the case we do not replace Bushrod in FA, that is the key here. If you honestly think we are going to pull a starter to protect Brees' blindside in the later rounds, I think you are reaching to say the least. While I understand everyone wants the flashy pass rusher (Count me in that group), we have to look at the tackle position realistically. I for one hope it is solved prior to the draft and knowing Loomis and the fact that he doesn't like to go into a draft being forced to fill a need I see us at least signing one of the FA LT's even if its not one of the top guys out there.

I think people are not realizing this

Isn't Ivory a RFA? I don't see Jenkins lasting until the 4th round.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom