Offseason Random Discussion: Are you sold on Andrew Luck? (1 Viewer)

Not trying to thread jack but what annoys me is how did Flacco beat Luck, Manning, and Brady? The Ravens defense did.

Not trying to thread jack but what annoys me is how did Flacco beat Luck, Manning, and Brady? The Ravens defense did.

Youre kidding right?

You realize the dude 8 TDs and ZERO Intercpetions right?

He also led a 4th QTR comeback in the playoffs.

He is completing 55% of his passes.

What else do you want the guy to do?

It really doesn't matter what numbers you throw out there because it's only his rookie season so the best evaluation is the eye test. People well versed in football scouting know he'll be the best QB in the NFL in a few years. There's really no arguing "well i don't know if he'll pan out." He's already panned out. It's a forgone conclusion that the guy is a frickin stud.

When you look at a look, really have to look past the stats with him.

The coaching staff put a LOT of responsibility on him, probably more than any rookie ever (line calls, protections, audibles, etc). They didnt peice meal him the playbook, they gave him the whole thing. His weapons were limited, and overall team just not that good.

But just looking at him specifically, not the team, here is what I liked.

Good pocket presence. He got hit and sacked A LOT. More than anyone this year I beleive, but it could have been worse. He avoided a lot of pressures.

Nice Arm.

Very intelligent.

Competitive.

Good leader.

Doesnt get rattled.

Fairly accurate.

So for the most part, I liked him. He is about what I saw out of Bradford in his rookie year. They question is while they build around him. He got hit waaay to much this year, and we've seen what that has done to Bradford. They also need to get him some legit recievers besides Reggie Wayne and those slow FB's. Yeldon was real good, but they need more. They also could use a consistent run game. He threw the ball waay more than any rookie should be doing.

C'mon man. I years past this was a valid response.

But did you watch these games. Flacco played outstanding this post season. The defense has played well, but not great. Ravens D not what it used to be.

I'm sold. Kid threw way too much this year. But that wasn't his fault. Once they get a consistent run game they will be even more dangerous than this year.

From the few games I've watched of all the rookie qbs, luck looked the best. He seemed to have the best mechanics and poise. Wilson looks good but I think Luck will be the better qb in the end.

In Ten years Luck will be the only QB still starting out of this years Big Rookie class

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom