OFFSEASON STRATEGY: Derek Carr and OBJ!! (2 Viewers)

oodank

BIG DOG!
Reaction score
I believe if the Saints can get vets Carr and OBJ to work with Kamara Olave Sheedy that would be a solid core lineup upgrade to work from offensively. Draft a top QB prospect with the SP picks, draft a young DL, find a power RB. With the defense still intact the team is not as far away as a lot of the posters here want to believe.

Pass on OBJ but Carr is probably who DA wants. However, does Carr want to come here?

Supposedly he has a good relationship with DA so I have a feeling he'd be interested if we are. I just hope if we do sign him we aren't putting all of our eggs in that basket. I want that to be a short-term deal for reasonable money and I want to draft a QB.

We need a bigger receiver to replace MT.
Maybe we just need another vet WR that can make tough catches...OBJ, maybe even AJ Green to pair with the young WRs. There are no real game-changers coming available in free agency. With Olave and Sheedy emerging the Saints just need a steady vet presence to pick up the slack and make a few tough catches in the clutch.

Supposedly he has a good relationship with DA so I have a feeling he'd be interested if we are. I just hope if we do sign him we aren't putting all of our eggs in that basket. I want that to be a short-term deal for reasonable money and I want to draft a QB.
I don't see how we can sign him for less than market value and that will take a 3-5 year contract for cap purposes. I'm not sold on him as an elite guy, but DA probably wants a known guy over an unknown rook with his job on the line.

I don't see how we can sign him for less than market value and that will take a 3-5 year contract for cap purposes. I'm not sold on him as an elite guy, but DA probably wants a known guy over an unknown rook with his job on the line.

I guess that depends on what his market value is. I know it's not what his current contract is. I think the most I would want to do is 3/75. If he wants to go play for the Jets or someone for 5mil more, he can do that.

I guess that depends on what his market value is. I know it's not what his current contract is. I think the most I would want to do is 3/75. If he wants to go play for the Jets or someone for 5mil more, he can do that.
I agree, something in that range should get it done. The Saints will have the most attractive opening at QB along with the Jets but with much less scrutiny and criticism.

Out of 146 total regular season games, he’s played in 96 and missed 50 (including all of last year). That’s missing more than 1/3rd of his career (34.3%). Even not counting last season when he didn’t play at all, he still missed over a quarter of the total games he could’ve played in (25.6%).

For comparison, Michael Thomas has missed ~36% of the total games he was under contract for (41 of 114).

Please no. I don’t think Carr is that much better than what we already have in the building. And Carr would cost so much more. We’re already screwed with the cap, we aren’t one piece away from a Super Bowl imo. Draft a QB this season or next, or in 25 if need be. Need a rebuild, need a cap reset.

Please no. I don’t think Carr is that much better than what we already have in the building. And Carr would cost so much more. We’re already screwed with the cap, we aren’t one piece away from a Super Bowl imo. Draft a QB this season or next, or in 25 if need be. Need a rebuild, need a cap reset.

We don't have anyone in the building.

We don't have anyone in the building.
Thought Jameis was signed thru next season? And for way less than what Carr will demand.

Even if I’m mistaken and Jameis isn’t under contract for another season I still don’t want Carr.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom