Offseason Trivia - Can you name the two players? (1 Viewer)

Need more information. What team at least. I'm guessing the Saints but not sure.

Is this career or season? Either way, I'd guess the first is Taysom Hill and the second has got to be a RB or WR type that only throws on gadget type plays.

Is this the Saints? Is this for the season?

Ok those are career stats as a Saint. Once is Taysom

Player A is Taysom career passing.

Not sure about player B. That is a pretty low passing total for 7 touchdowns. 7 of his 8 completions were touchdowns. Pretty crazy. I don't think anyone can compete with that TD rate.

I have seen Johnny Hekker (Rams punter) compared to Taysom.
AttPct.TDINTYards/AttPasser Rating
Hekker2259.1%118.482.4

I have been nowhere near a "Taysom is the future" supporter, but those sample sizes aren't really fair. You need to at least see drives by him to make any kind of opinion.

Last edited:
Stats out of context are 100% useless
Here's the exact same players (Guess Player A is a HOF shoe-in):
Rush Y/ARec Y/ACtch %Yrds/TchTD%Fumbles
Player A5.510.875.96.910.471
Player B4.37.671.94.94.2730

Player 2 is LaDanian Tomlinson, who did indeed threw 12 halfback passes over the course of his illustrious 11 year career.

Not sure what you're trying to prove here. Are you suggesting that Taysom isn't a quarterback, and even a running back who only throws less than once a year on trick plays is a more capable passer? Surely you're not going there.

There's not enough sample size to properly analyze Taysom as an NFL quarterback. End of story. Was he a 1 read, raw quarterback coming out of college? Sure. But I'd like to think he's matured and developed being under Sean and Drew for 3 years. We'll see, or maybe we won't.

Either way, this little study proves nothing.

Stats out of context are 100% useless
Here's the exact same players (Guess Player A is a HOF shoe-in):
Rush Y/ARec Y/ACtch %Yrds/TchTD%Fumbles
Player A5.510.875.96.910.471
Player B4.37.671.94.94.2730

Unlike mine, your comparison has wildly different sample sizes. This is how someone who doesn't understand statistics would attempt to rebut my OP. It was a good try though, keep it up tiger!

Unlike mine, your comparison has wildly different sample sizes. This is how someone who doesn't understand statistics would attempt to rebut my OP. It was a good try though, keep it up tiger!
I’m not sure your OP allows you to talk **** about other posters’ statistical prowess

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom