OG Ed Ingram is back! (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
It's official now.

Earlier this season I would say that he's going to step right in at LG, but Magee may have turned a corner last week. Supposedly Ingram has stayed in shape, just not with the team. He has used the same facilities, just not as part of team workouts is my understanding. Two seasons ago he said as the best OL on the field. He has the bye week this week and then the Utah State game to get into shape. I can't see him not starting at LG at some point. This is great for the running game.

I'll take any lineman that can make us better as we move into the meat of our SEC schedule.
This is great news! :9:

It's a very big deal. One of our weakness had been the OL but with the addition of one guy, it becomes a very different picture.

This is good. Back just in time to get some reps against another scrub team in preparation for the big boys.

This is good. Back just in time to get some reps against another scrub team in preparation for the big boys.
Those Aggies are not as "scrub" as you might think. They hung tough against a strong Wake Forest team in a close loss, but won their second game by 55 points and had a pretty decisive win over a competitive San Diego State team.

As 'cupcake' teams go, this one may be a little harder to chew.
There is certainly no reason to take Utah State lightly.

Ingram instantly makes LSU better on the line. Remember Magee’s two awesome pancake blocks in one play? Ingram is good enough to move Magee to the bench where Magee becomes the backup swing man at guard and tackle.

Depth is going to play a big role in who wins the SEC. LSU is not the only team battling injuries, Florida lost their starting QB and Alabama lost their arguably two best defensive players for the season.

LSU needs to get better and deeper on both sides of the line going forward. Getting Ingram back is big. With Chasen Hines, Traore, Campbell, Wire, Bradford and Rosenthal on the bench, LSU is building some quality depth on the o-line heading into the meat of their schedule.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom