"Oh my God. There isn't any other place I'd rather be." --Zack Baun (1 Viewer)

Don't get me wrong I am glad he is in the black & gold he is a great player but that's what a lot of them say ''there isn't anywhere I'd rather be'' their ego starts kicking in when they start ballin then they think about money then go somewhere else

I was watching the reaired version of the draft when we got Brandin Cooks. He seemed so humble and excited. Not someone who would complain about not getting the ball.

''there isn't anywhere I'd rather be'' their ego starts kicking in when they start ballin then they think about money then go somewhere else

there is way more than ego at play. This is their business. We don't expect workers from any other fields to stay in stagnant water and turn down better offers because of a sense of loyalty. Everyone faces difficult decisions but must ultimately go where its best for them.

Don't get me wrong I am glad he is in the black & gold he is a great player but that's what a lot of them say ''there isn't anywhere I'd rather be'' their ego starts kicking in when they start ballin then they think about money then go somewhere else
They aren't our pets. we don't get to keep them.

I love his passion and energy for the game... He's going to bring more headhunter mentality to the defense and I believe will have an impact on blitzes early and often this year and really push the LBing core.

Great pickup.

Loyalty? Snead, Moore, P. Thomas, Sproles, Graham,... .etc.

Why wouldn't the kid be happy to play for the Saints?

Almost two thirds of the teams in the league watch the playoffs from home every season and he could just as easily been picked by one of those teams.

As luck would have it for him he was picked by a team with a stacked roster that is in the top ten year in and year out so I am thinking that his " there isn't anywhere I'd rather be" comment was and is genuinely what he feels.

Zach Baun, drafted in the second round, by the Buffalo Bills.

Bills beat reporter: Zach, how do you like playing for the Bills?
Zach: It’s OK, I guess, but I’d rather be playing for the Saints.

Either way, I love players from Wisconsin, they have a great toughness to them.

It sucks for fans, but it’s not like teams show any loyalty. The second a player becomes inconvenient for a team their contracts are terminated and the player is kicked to the curb.

If a player becomes good enough to command a large contract, they should go get the largest contract they can while their body or age stills allows it.
Exactly. Just put yourself in the players shoes (and remove bias by having him play for another team). Now ask yourself: what would I do?

I'm looking ahead as well. Based on his awesome future performance and what the overall market will be at the time, there is just no way we will be able to afford that future non-Rookie contract, especially with what all of our other player needs may or may not be several years down the road.

This signing was a mistake. We should have focused on players that will never command a high future salary.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom