Oh No...Ron Pitts!!! (1 Viewer)

I listen to wwl during the game and listen to the tv guys when I replay it. That way I can fast foward past the bull.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pitts sucks but he's no Baldinger....

Dick Stockton is IMO the best play-by-play. Daryl Johnston is pretty good as color. I like Stockton because he gets excited. Ron Pitts always sounds monotone to me, like he'd really rather be someplace else. Many of them seem as if they are bored.

I used to really like Stockton. But in the last couple of years, he's really botched a lot of stuff. He tends to get facts wrong and calls out wrong players a lot.

i never really cared for pitts at all! i remember him from the 2003/2004 season and it appeared that he was always for the other team. i wish i could mute him and listen to wwl, but i'm not in new orleans :(

I'd rather watch paint dry than listen to Ron Pitts.
With that said,
and for all of those that have fallen to the 870 mantra of "turn down the sound..." I have had COX digital cable for years, and HD since it came out. The sound has NEVER synced up!
So I guess those that are suggesting that peeps like me just tune into 870 are watching on a different feed.

I always listen to Jim & Hokie on WWL.
Next Sunday when we play host to the New York Jets, I'd say there's a great possibility that Jim Nantz & Phil Simms will be calling that game for CBS.
If I remember right, Ron Pitts called our Detroit game last season.
Y'all remember Chris Myers; he was at Ch. 4 back in the mid-to-late '80's; he called this season's Detroit game with Trent Green.
Chris Myers made a comment, "...so here come the Saints back on the field with quarterback Drew Bledsoe...".
You know, it's sometimes hilarious to listen to these guys call a game; they think they know, but they don't know.

This week's game isn't exactly a marquee matchup. Most people expect it to be a blowout.

Still, this has been an "Underdog" weekend. That bothers me. I've noticed over the years that on certain weekends, underdog victories occur more than would usually be expected. In the NCAA yesterday, a number of underdogs either won, or nearly won. That tends to carry over into the NFL games.

Brian Billick. He's a former/future coach so he has an intimate knowledge of the game, he articulates that knowledge very well, and he's balanced in his calls of the game. I'm also a fan of the current Monday Night booth with Gruden, Jaws, and Tirico...when/if Gruden leaves after this year to get another head coaching gig Billick would be a great replacement.

Thumbs up on Billick. Always enjoy his analysis.

If I have to take Pitts to get Billick, I'm good. I don't think he's that bad.

Hey, the best announcers on TV? The Mute Button. I used it last week and really enjoyed the game. Try it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom