N/S Oh, now I get why Tommy Terrific is still playing (1 Viewer)

Bucs aren't even remotely that good.

They needed an absurd amount of luck for their run in the 1st place.

Late bye to recoup after going 7-5
Healthiest team in the playoff
Every playoff team was pretty wiped out by injuries by the time they got to them or worse players dropping like flies in the game
Got to play an even bigger choke artist than us with the Packers

Good luck Brady.
So they were lucky that they were the better team than the other playoff teams? 😂.

The odd thing when Brady hit FA last year was only Tampa seemed to realize "hey, if we get this guy, we really don't need to worry about schemes or talent or coaching or conditioning or anything, we really just have to field a roster, show up on game day and let the refs do their thing."

You'd have thought that other team owners and HCs would have wanted a championship guaranteed, and made their pitch to him. But no.
Don't think the refs made jared cook fumble. That was the saints game to win

Don't think the refs made jared cook fumble. That was the saints game to win

If you watch the tape, Cook is clearly confused by the play being allowed to develop without flags being thrown at that point, as you'd expect for the TWB (Team Without Brady). That momentary confusion allowed Winfield to punch the ball out from behind and White to scoop it up. Had Cook secured the ball after the catch, the officiating crew would have motioned to either a neutral zone infraction or offensive holding.

I agree with this take. It's monumentally embarrassing for both Tampa and the NFL that such a clear work-in-progress, 2nd-in-the-division, lowly-NFC-5th-seed as the Bucs could stumble into the SB after a 3-week road trip and win it all, amidst a hail of interceptions thrown by gimpy HOF-bound opposing QBs and dumb penalties and coverages by opposing defenses.

The good news is the Bucs should be much better this year, or should I say much less worse, having got that painful error-prone growth spurt that was the 2020 season out of their system, assuming the players get to be actually introduced to each other this time around and get to practice and familiarize with the playbook and get some preseason games under their belt. I think they can definitely make a run at the 4th seed in 2021.

I thought Brady would hit the wall 2 years ago. And he kinda did. But a good defense, a lot of luck ,and officiating hid that last season. Father Time remains undefeated.

I thought Brady would hit the wall 2 years ago. And he kinda did. But a good defense, a lot of luck ,and officiating hid that last season. Father Time remains undefeated.

The officiating badly let Tampa down in the Bears game last year in October. The Bucs drew 11 penalties in that game for 109 yards, and the Bears ended up winning, narrowly.

The Glazers had to demand a meeting with Goodell. They pointed out to him in no uncertain terms "THAT WAS A TOM BRADY TEAM YOU WERE FLAGGING". Goodell ended up apologizing and said it wouldn't happen again. And he was as good as his word, you have to give him credit for that.

Now some conspiracy-minded individuals assumed that was a watershed game for the Bucs and they committed to drastically reducing mental errors, especially the OL. But we know better.

The odd thing when Brady hit FA last year was only Tampa seemed to realize "hey, if we get this guy, we really don't need to worry about schemes or talent or coaching or conditioning or anything, we really just have to field a roster, show up on game day and let the refs do their thing."

You'd have thought that other team owners and HCs would have wanted a championship guaranteed, and made their pitch to him. But no.
Their roster was good, but got better once LF pretty much forced his way out of Jax, Gronk un-retired surprisingly (sarcasm), and AB was allowed to finally play.
Now TB12 is saying that Julian “future HOF” Edelman will “un-retire” and play for Tampa. I think it’s safe to say that TB12 helped conspire those moves. Maybe not LF’s, but it wouldn’t surprise me. Dude is a snake

Their roster was good, but got better once LF pretty much forced his way out of Jax, Gronk un-retired surprisingly (sarcasm), and AB was allowed to finally play.
Now TB12 is saying that Julian “future HOF” Edelman will “un-retire” and play for Tampa. I think it’s safe to say that TB12 helped conspire those moves. Maybe not LF’s, but it wouldn’t surprise me. Dude is a snake

He's coming for AK next, I've heard. Nobody is safe from TB12. Not once the new NFL rule kicks in about active roster sizes for teams with QBs with 7 or more rings.

He's coming for AK next, I've heard. Nobody is safe from TB12. Not once the new NFL rule kicks in about active roster sizes for teams with QBs with 7 or more rings.
Are you really 56 years old and spending your time on the online forum of a team you're not a fan of, just to post this silly stuff?

I feel for you man - many wrong turns in life had to be made to put you in this position. I hope you can find some footing in something more substantial and productive.

Are you really 56 years old and spending your time on the online forum of a team you're not a fan of, just to post this silly stuff?

I feel for you man - many wrong turns in life had to be made to put you in this position. I hope you can find some footing in something more substantial and productive.

Don't you find it fascinating that fans of a team that has won the division each the last 4 seasons, compiling a 49-15 record along the way, appear to think the universe in general (and officiating crews in particular) are part of some coordinated unspoken conspiracy to inflict misery on them and thwart their quest for success? I certainly do. Especially being a fan of a team which consistently finishes last each year (2020 excepted), and usually finds the most improbable ways to lose games, but accept that's down to poor coaching, poor talent, poor discipline, poor drafting, etc.

I was hoping to get an insight into this, kind of like interacting with QAnon believers, but I'm still at a bit of a loss. To misquote Sherlock Holmes, 'There is danger for him who taketh the tiger cub, and danger also for whoso snatches a delusion from a woman Saints fan'

Brady’s Patriots came back to beat the Falcons in the Super Bowl after being down 28-3. That warrants an automatic pass in my book.
Well, geez, I forgot about that.

Don't you find it fascinating that fans of a team that has won the division each the last 4 seasons, compiling a 49-15 record along the way, appear to think the universe in general (and officiating crews in particular) are part of some coordinated unspoken conspiracy to inflict misery on them and thwart their quest for success? I certainly do. Especially being a fan of a team which consistently finishes last each year (2020 excepted), and usually finds the most improbable ways to lose games, but accept that's down to poor coaching, poor talent, poor discipline, poor drafting, etc.

I was hoping to get an insight into this, kind of like interacting with QAnon believers, but I'm still at a bit of a loss. To misquote Sherlock Holmes, 'There is danger for him who taketh the tiger cub, and danger also for whoso snatches a delusion from a woman Saints fan'

Bucs aren't even remotely that good.

They needed an absurd amount of luck for their run in the 1st place.

Late bye to recoup after going 7-5
Healthiest team in the playoff
Every playoff team was pretty wiped out by injuries by the time they got to them or worse players dropping like flies in the game
Got to play an even bigger choke artist than us with the Packers

Good luck Brady.
I agree with you about them being good enough to become an undefeated team. Luck is when preparation meets opportunity and they were prepared for it. The Saints are one of the teams that gives them problems because their pass rush becomes null and void for the most part. A well rested Vita Vea spurred the defense to Championship Caliber. I look foward to our rematches this year for several reasons but mainly to beat the incoming Super Bowl Champs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom