N/S Oh, now I get why Tommy Terrific is still playing (1 Viewer)

Bucs aren't even remotely that good.

They needed an absurd amount of luck for their run in the 1st place.

Late bye to recoup after going 7-5
Healthiest team in the playoff
Every playoff team was pretty wiped out by injuries by the time they got to them or worse players dropping like flies in the game
Got to play an even bigger choke artist than us with the Packers

Good luck Brady.
This x 1000. Brady is one of the luckiest QBs I’ve ever seen. The refs are his best friends as he gets every call to go his way. He spends most of his career in a division that was an absolute joke. And a good bit of those SB wins and playoff wins were due to luck and the refs with bad calls benefiting ole Tom.

This x 1000. Brady is one of the luckiest QBs I’ve ever seen. The refs are his best friends as he gets every call to go his way. He spends most of his career in a division that was an absolute joke. And a good bit of those SB wins and playoff wins were due to luck and the refs with bad calls benefiting ole Tom.
...and a great team with great team effort on ST, D and O. Good play calling with Pats and Bucs through late season and postseason...plus Brady is just GOOD. The Bucs were middle of the pack in penalties with 85. A few more and they would be in the top 10. There were games they lost and were penalized over 100yds and games they WON with over 100yds in penalties compared to teams who only had 30yds in penalties. He has been on really good teams and he is one of the best to play the position. You can only garner so many wins from penalties and luck. You have to be good to be lucky. If you lose by 20+ points, it wasn't because Tom Brady got favored treatment from the refs. A last minute "maybe" win with the clock winding down and a bad call means you probably didn't do enough to convincingly beat that opponent.

Man, this thread has more salt than a can of Morton's.

Maybe, just maybe... Brady - like him or not - is seriously one of the greatest QB's to ever play the game. You all whined when he won in NE because of Belichick and the easy schedule, so he goes to Tampa Bay and wins a Superbowl in his first year. So now the litany of new excuses comes out.

Of course he wants a perfect season. That's what competitors do - they compete. A perfect season is the ultimate goal of anyone who steps on the field. Geez, the guy's good. Really f'ing good. One of the best ever. And as a die-hard born-and-raised Saints fan, there's NOTHING IN THE WORLD WRONG with admitting that. It's not even an admission - it's just a fact, with plenty of evidence to back it up.

I'm not just a fan of the Saints. I'm also a fan of the game of football. And Brady is one of the best at the game.

He didn't change the culture. He got help from Gronkowski , Antonio Brown, Leonard Fournette as additional weapons to already good players in Godwin, Evans, and Brate.

Plus healthy players coming back , including Devin White. Not to mention that Tampa did pretty well in the draft with some of their rookies starting on defense.

Brees with broken ribs would have feasted with that offense.

Hell Winston threw for 5,000 yards in that offense before Brady got there. It was the interceptions that tanked the 7-9 team. Brady stepped into an already talented team , that added additional talent on top of that . And they didn't win the division

Tampa got hot after their late regular season bye week. The team was well rested in December to make a run.

Saints lost out on a much needed bye in the playoffs, thanks to Covid and Goodell changing up the playoff scenario. They had to play a good Chicago team that injured several of the Saints players.

Tampa meanwhile got to play an NFC Least winner ( with a losing record and third string QB).

Then Tampa gets the good fortune to play a team that has beaten them twice , handedly, ( added incentive) .
A team with a broken Brees, minus Murray and Hill and our return guy, Harris, knocked out. A specials teams TD returned called off because of penalty. The defense stacked the box against Kamara , because they know Brees can't throw more than 20 yards. They were able to double team a gimpy Michael Thomas. And Cook and Brees causing 4 turnovers. Oh and bye the way, no home field advantage thanks to Latoya the Destroya.

( I blame Peyton for not playing more Winston)

Then Aaron Rodgers has a bad game, the coach calls for field goal, no Green Bay home field advantage.

Then Superbowl, Tampa gets KC with Mahomes running for his life because he has backups on the offensive line.

I give Tampa all the credit in the world, they game planned well for each contest. They took advantage of their opportunity. They deserved the SuperBowl win

However it was not all because Brady changed the culture. Sure he added to it, but their was a lot of luck and a lot of things bounced their way. It happens with every SuperBowl team

Brady has seen that through his career, Tuck Rule, Spygate, Deflategate, Wilson throws an interception. Playing the Rams in Superbowl as oppose to actual winner Saints.

So Brady is great there is no question, but luck and calls his way has made his career.

He didn't change the culture. He got help from Gronkowski , Antonio Brown, Leonard Fournette as additional weapons to already good players in Godwin, Evans, and Brate.

Plus healthy players coming back , including Devin White. Not to mention that Tampa did pretty well in the draft with some of their rookies starting on defense.

Brees with broken ribs would have feasted with that offense.

Hell Winston threw for 5,000 yards in that offense before Brady got there. It was the interceptions that tanked the 7-9 team. Brady stepped into an already talented team , that added additional talent on top of that . And they didn't win the division

Tampa got hot after their late regular season bye week. The team was well rested in December to make a run.

Saints lost out on a much needed bye in the playoffs, thanks to Covid and Goodell changing up the playoff scenario. They had to play a good Chicago team that injured several of the Saints players.

Tampa meanwhile got to play an NFC Least winner ( with a losing record and third string QB).

Then Tampa gets the good fortune to play a team that has beaten them twice , handedly, ( added incentive) .
A team with a broken Brees, minus Murray and Hill and our return guy, Harris, knocked out. A specials teams TD returned called off because of penalty. The defense stacked the box against Kamara , because they know Brees can't throw more than 20 yards. They were able to double team a gimpy Michael Thomas. And Cook and Brees causing 4 turnovers. Oh and bye the way, no home field advantage thanks to Latoya the Destroya.

( I blame Peyton for not playing more Winston)

Then Aaron Rodgers has a bad game, the coach calls for field goal, no Green Bay home field advantage.

Then Superbowl, Tampa gets KC with Mahomes running for his life because he has backups on the offensive line.

I give Tampa all the credit in the world, they game planned well for each contest. They took advantage of their opportunity. They deserved the SuperBowl win

However it was not all because Brady changed the culture. Sure he added to it, but their was a lot of luck and a lot of things bounced their way. It happens with every SuperBowl team

Brady has seen that through his career, Tuck Rule, Spygate, Deflategate, Wilson throws an interception. Playing the Rams in Superbowl as oppose to actual winner Saints.

So Brady is great there is no question, but luck and calls his way has made his career.
So you're saying more than just the Quarterback play is required for winning championships? Revolutionary idea indeed.:clapbig:

There's basically two types of men on the planet. Those who are jealous of Tom Brady and are able to deal with it and those who are jealous and are not able to deal with it and make a bunch of excuses about how he's not the GOAT.

There's basically two types of men on the planet. Those who are jealous of Tom Brady and are able to deal with it and those who are jealous and are not able to deal with it and make a bunch of excuses about how he's not the GOAT.
I'm a woman and can't stand him. Describe me!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom