N/S Oh, now I get why Tommy Terrific is still playing (1 Viewer)

Madmarsha

Feral housewife
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Bucs aren't even remotely that good.

They needed an absurd amount of luck for their run in the 1st place.

Late bye to recoup after going 7-5
Healthiest team in the playoff
Every playoff team was pretty wiped out by injuries by the time they got to them or worse players dropping like flies in the game
Got to play an even bigger choke artist than us with the Packers

Good luck Brady.

u1OVIVO.gif

If the NFCCG vs the Rams taught me anything... it’s that the NFL has no problems creating luck to fit their narrative.

When every “expert” constantly stayed on board with the Bucs going all the way last season, I had a bad feeling things were going to break their way.

Late bye to recoup after going 7-5
Healthiest team in the playoff
Every playoff team was pretty wiped out by injuries by the time they got to them or worse players dropping like flies in the game
Got to play an even bigger choke artist than us with the Packers

Good luck Brady.

I agree with this take. It's monumentally embarrassing for both Tampa and the NFL that such a clear work-in-progress, 2nd-in-the-division, lowly-NFC-5th-seed as the Bucs could stumble into the SB after a 3-week road trip and win it all, amidst a hail of interceptions thrown by gimpy HOF-bound opposing QBs and dumb penalties and coverages by opposing defenses.

Last edited:
The Bucs improved last year in net penalty yards by more than +300.

So, somehow, not only were their offense and defense better at avoiding penalties, because of Tom Brady, but also other teams were much more penalty prone against them.

So, somehow, not only were their offense and defense better at avoiding penalties, because of Tom Brady, but also other teams were much more penalty prone against them.

To be fair, it took the officiating crews a few weeks to adjust to realization that Brady was suiting up for the Bucs instead of the Pats. For a while, in the first part of the season last year, it was actually Cam Newton getting the phantom PI calls, just out of habit.

Because Brady gets all the flags wherever he goes. Anyone who denies this is a blind homer.

The odd thing when Brady hit FA last year was only Tampa seemed to realize "hey, if we get this guy, we really don't need to worry about schemes or talent or coaching or conditioning or anything, we really just have to field a roster, show up on game day and let the refs do their thing."

You'd have thought that other team owners and HCs would have wanted a championship guaranteed, and made their pitch to him. But no.

The odd thing is the Colts had comfortably the highest NPY count in 2019, and were one of 11 teams with a better count than New England. I'm struggling with this: obviously NPY stats are entirely about whether Brady plays for your team or the team you are playing against.

The Saints finished last or close to last in NPY in both 2019 and 2020. Discounting the possibility they played New England 8-10 times in 2019 and Tampa 8-10 times in 2020, there must be some other reason behind this. The odd thing is when I scan articles with titles like "Film Study: Mental mistakes destroying Saints secondary", they talk about Janoris Jenkins and neglect entirely to mention the obvious glaring lack of a Brady behind center.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom