Oh, the Woes of Vince Young (2 Viewers)

Can someone explain to me why the poster who said "predatory lending goes up a whole other level in the NFL" got 5 out of 5 green thumbs?

Guys in the NFL shouldnt HAVE to borrow money. The way I look at it, a high interest rate is just the price you pay for being greedy. Because at the end of the day, with the minimum salary over a quarter million a year, NO ONE should have to borrow money for any reason.

This isn't meant to be a political note, or anything of the sort so please don't look at it that way but...

You know if football players, and the NFLPA were smart about it, they would take a huge chunk out of a young players contract "call it a union due" and make his pension even bigger. Look at these benefits under the current plan https://www.nflplayercare.com/Default.aspx . When you are young you are foolish with money, and you aren't planning on having these huge medical bills 10-15 years down the road. So if the union would take charge of young immature peoples money it would benefit their members down the line. And in the case of Vincey young, it would limit his amount of bad investments, or at least allow him to keep making bad investment decisions (on a similar financial scale) well after his career is done, and he has more time to think about his money.

Can someone explain to me why the poster who said "predatory lending goes up a whole other level in the NFL" got 5 out of 5 green thumbs?

Guys in the NFL shouldnt HAVE to borrow money. The way I look at it, a high interest rate is just the price you pay for being greedy. Because at the end of the day, with the minimum salary over a quarter million a year, NO ONE should have to borrow money for any reason.

Maybe you shouldn't pretend to know what it's like to walk in someone else's shoes.

Obviously people that were put into a situation to receive millions of dollars like Vince Young did, shouldn't run out of money so quickly.

But that's his business, isn't it? Stupid or not, he made those choices. He's going to have to live with them.

I mean, what is the point of this thread, anyway? To laugh at his misfortune?

Maybe you shouldn't pretend to know what it's like to walk in someone else's shoes.

Obviously people that were put into a situation to receive millions of dollars like Vince Young did, shouldn't run out of money so quickly.

But that's his business, isn't it? Stupid or not, he made those choices. He's going to have to live with them.

Well, theres that. And it also gives us a chance to feel better about it being him and not me. Seriously, the easy life that guy has had, he had to know Karma was going to come back around.

Pretty much. Ur that stupid, u deserve to have entire threads devoted to ur stupidity.

Sorry bro, if ur looking for a well-intentioned, informative thread that makes you a better person and sr.com member, then youve come to the wrong place. But if thats what u want, maybe try being the change u want to see.

I'll laugh at him. Because he's stupid. Thats why. Dumb people are put on this earth for smart people to take advantage of. Lots of people took advantage of his financials. Heck, his money circulation might be one reason we're coming out of the recession. Lmao. What a fool.

Well, theres that. And it also gives us a chance to feel better about it being him and not me. Seriously, the easy life that guy has had, he had to know Karma was going to come back around.

yeah, that's not how karma works.

Doesn't Drew teach a rookie class on financial management? I'm pretty sure I saw an article about that but I don't remember when or where. I also don't remember if it was just for the Saints or thru the NFLPA. Anyway, the point I was going for is this should be done, financial management classes, thru the NFLPA, and should be manditory. It might help save some of these kids from going broke before age 30.

Pretty much. Ur that stupid, u deserve to have entire threads devoted to ur stupidity.

Sorry bro, if ur looking for a well-intentioned, informative thread that makes you a better person and sr.com member, then youve come to the wrong place. But if thats what u want, maybe try being the change u want to see.

Says the guy with a quote from "god" in his signature....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom