Ohio bill would allow pregnant people to sue over unintended pregnancies (1 Viewer)

You all seem to be trying to lump me into the pro-life crowd that is looking to ban abortions and not once have I stated anything of the sort.

It's more like you are trying to divide by zero....it can't happen. It is an impossibility.

Since, statistically speaking, being aborted is random and orphans come from the same situation that the aborted people would be in, then statistically speaking there are enough living adult orphans that their answers would be the same. You haven't changed any variable other than those that can be polled and those that can't.

We don't poll every American on every subject, yet sample polls of people of similar backgrounds are representative of the whole within an acceptable margin of error. The same concept would apply here
What if in the afterlife you discovered all these aborted fetuses who went on to another existence and were happy and thriving who said "man, thank god I was not forced into being born into life on planet earth"

I guess I should have given the disclaimer. My thinking on when an abortion can and should be done pretty much aligns with Dago. So when I say that, I'm referring to X point in the pregnancy. Early on, it's a very easy distinction, but exactly where that cutoff would be from clump of cells to child to be protected I'm somewhat unsure. It's not an easy call to make and admittedly, I don't know enough scientifically to warrant inserting my own opinions on.
Right, I don't know which month corresponds with significant human development to the point where it has lungs, limbs, etc.

I can respect those technical arguments, but I wouldn't participate.

I'm more comfortable with the theoretical and philosophical aspects of life. It's practically all I think about.

That would be my personal choice and I would wager every penny I have and ever will have that if you asked adults who were orphans which they would prefer, they would choose life over having been aborted, they would choose life by a significant percentage

Even then, our nation (especially all the pro-lifers) need to get off their arse and provide more support for orphans. Maybe start giving some of those tithes paying for these massive, unnecessary churches to orphans instead
A side thought: I've always wondered if people ever think about their own mortality in terms of would they exist if abortion were common, easy, and accepted by all. I know that unlike your grandmother, not very many parents would tell their children that they wanted to or even considered aborting them.

Last edited:
Statement still applies. Our destiny is mostly determined by rich white men.
Ok...I will give you that on the semantic argument since your interpretation of the word 'destiny' is more spot on than mine.

However, rich white men do not determine if I am happy or not

Ok...I will give you that on the semantic argument since your interpretation of the word 'destiny' is more spot on than mine.

However, rich white men do not determine if I am happy or not
No but they are in control of a LOT of things that impact your (general 'your') life and could improve circumstances that enhance and/or enable happiness.

For example, the health insurance system and the scam that it is and your inability to get the surgery you need. Imagine if your back got fixed and how much more happy you'd be.

So for those who want to outline benchmarks, what happens if we are past those benchmarks but carrying to term presents a potentially fatal complication to the pregnant woman?

So for those who want to outline benchmarks, what happens if we are past those benchmarks but carrying to term presents a potentially fatal complication to the pregnant woman?
Isn't the standard practice to perform a c-section and let nature take its course?

What if in the afterlife you discovered all these aborted fetuses who went on to another existence and were happy and thriving who said "man, thank god I was not forced into being born into life on planet earth"
You and GMR are trying to inject religion into the discussion when religion hasn't been mentioned by either of us. The discussion can be had separate from religion. Don't assume that religion is what drives our opinions. In truth, my views are in contradiction to my religion so that should tell you that I'm capable of putting aside my religion.

No but they are in control of a LOT of things that impact your (general 'your') life and could improve circumstances that enhance and/or enable happiness.

For example, the health insurance system and the scam that it is and your inability to get the surgery you need. Imagine if your back got fixed and how much more happy you'd be.
For sheets and giggles I just looked up the senior management team of Blue Cross Louisiana (they are the ones that rejected my surgery)

of the 16 members, 7 are women and 1 (judging by their name) male is obviously minority so that is at least half right there. The other 8 would seem to be male (again, judging by their names) and I can't definitively tell their race or ethnicity. So even if we just assume that every one of them is a white male (which is most likely wrong, statistically speaking), women and minorities are just as responsible for me not getting my surgery as those old, rich white men

So would I be justified to hate women and minorities and blame them for me not realizing my highest level of happiness? Based on what you just stated, the answer is yes.

I wasn't really looking to outline benchmarks, so I guess this isn't really directed at me but I'll give an answer regardless. First, I'll reiterate that I don't know enough scientifically or medically to make the determination of what is potentially fatal, but, yeah, if the mother's life is at risk then she should have the choice of whether or not to terminate the pregnancy and that should be her choice alone unless she is incapable (unconscious etc).

I can only speak for my own opinion, but severe medical issues would certainly be reason enough

You know they are. Floating around all fancy-foot and carefree* like

1658427494787.png

AKA as footloose and fancy free (I literally make stuff up that doesn't exist LMAO)

Last edited:
Disregard my hotep comment. The concept has always been amusing to me and as I was reading your responses, I read them in a hotep voice. "My strong, Black Nubian sistaaaah, we must stick together you see. Don't let whitey divide us my SISTAH!"

(It's not just you. I read GMR's posts in a Dr. Katz voice)

Anyway, we tend to only want to come together "as a whole" when being separate is disadvantageous for one side. And, it's typically when the male is at a disadvantage/been wronged.

It's rare that these "We are one" moments come about as a result of the female of the species being knocked down.
I'm almost afraid to ask what voice you choose for me

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom