Ohio State RB/WR Samuel entering NFL Draft (1 Viewer)

St. Geezy

⚜️
Reaction score
Ohio State running back and wide receiver Curtis Samuel announced on Monday that he plans to enter the 2017 NFL Draft.

Samuel’s ability to play both positions complicates the evaluation process for NFL teams, but his speed will stand out. A part-time player over his first two seasons, he scored 15 touchdowns in 2016 while catching 74 passes for 865 yards and running 97 times for 771 yards.

Seems tailor made for what we need. Not sure where he is projected to go, but he seems like a very dangerous candidate for this offense. What a weapon.

We've had the best offense for a couple of years now, and we are at 7-9 for 3 years, what's wrong with this picture??? JMO "D"

We've had the best offense for a couple of years now, and we are at 7-9 for 3 years, what's wrong with this picture??? JMO "D"

We still have free agency between now and then. Sometimes, best player available, regardless of need, is the way to go (see Thomas, Michael).

I think pass rusher and corner are priorities this off-season, but also recognize that the offense can always be made better.

Sure, we were #1 in offense, but we can always get better at sustaining drives and not getting shut down at times. Also keep in mind, we're very soon going to need to stock this offense with way more talent for when Brees exits within the next 1 to 3 seasons. Just because you're ranked #1 doesn't mean you can't get better.

We aren't just drafting for the 2017 season.

No one is under the illusion that our defense does not need improvement, however the joker running back position is a need not a want in a Sean Payton offense. The mismatches it creates makes our offense virtually unstoppable. Our screen game was almost non-existent last year. When we were at our best we had that option at our disposal. As long as Brees is still Brees we will always be top ten in yards gained but last year we desperately missed that weapon out of the backfield at times.

Everyone threw a fit when we drafted Michael Thomas last year and how did that work out?

We definitely need to add youth and speed to our running back group.

Curtis Samuel in round 2 as long as we draft a DE at 11. Sounds great to me.

Trading down is looking more and more appealing every day.

We're more likely to trade back into the round or up into range for him than anything.

This would be a great year to stock pile tons of picks, but 10 years is plenty of time to establish a pattern.

I've no numbers on it, but I bet we've traded up in more than or equal to the drafts that we've done nothing in. And I certainly don't recall us ever trading down.

He should be a player we target after the first round, his skillset fits our offense. With free agency we can find help on the offensive line and linebacker unit and find that edge rusher.

We still have free agency between now and then. Sometimes, best player available, regardless of need, is the way to go (see Thomas, Michael).

I think pass rusher and corner are priorities this off-season, but also recognize that the offense can always be made better.

Sure, we were #1 in offense, but we can always get better at sustaining drives and not getting shut down at times. Also keep in mind, we're very soon going to need to stock this offense with way more talent for when Brees exits within the next 1 to 3 seasons. Just because you're ranked #1 doesn't mean you can't get better.

We aren't just drafting for the 2017 season.

with our past history in free agency I would rather draft a young hungry "D"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom