Ohio State vs Michigan not happening! (1 Viewer)

I for one can’t wait for the Conference’s true colors to come shining through, when they decide to change course and allow Ohio State to schedule an OOC opponent (something they wouldn’t allow Nebraska to do).

I for one can’t wait for the Conference’s true colors to come shining through, when they decide to change course and allow Ohio State to schedule an OOC opponent (something they wouldn’t allow Nebraska to do).
If nebraska was 5-0 and had beaten ohio state, and nebraska was the only big 10 team in playoff contention, i can assure you the big 10 would make an exception for them.

Big 10 has a lot to lose by not having a team in the playoff. They would be stupid not to make exceptions.

If nebraska was 5-0 and had beaten ohio state, and nebraska was the only big 10 team in playoff contention, i can assure you the big 10 would make an exception for them.

Big 10 has a lot to lose by not having a team in the playoff. They would be stupid not to make exceptions.
The Big 10 and their short sidedness can go suck an egg. They crapped all over the SEC for starting play, when they did, and then when they realized how much money they were losing they turned right around and jumped right in. When teams realized they would have to reschedule games the conference once again tried playing high and mighty and denying OOC games. Now they are realizing they have backed themselves in a corner, and need to change the rules to benefit them. Yeah, Merry Christmas, go fork yourself (not you, the conference).

The big 10 (and pac 12) should be disqualified from all playoff considerations for only playing 5 games when the sec, big 12 and ACC played 10 games.
Take the 3 champions from those conferences and add coastal Carolina if they finish undefeated. There’s the 4 team playoff.
It doesn’t matter because roll tide will roll everybody.

The big 10 (and pac 12) should be disqualified from all playoff considerations for only playing 5 games when the sec, big 12 and ACC played 10 games.
Take the 3 champions from those conferences and add coastal Carolina if they finish undefeated. There’s the 4 team playoff.
It doesn’t matter because roll tide will roll everybody.
I mean, it’s true. If the Big 10 didn’t want to get screwed out of the playoffs then maybe they shouldn’t have burnt so many bridges on their way to hell.

Why worry about scheduling someone else when you can just change the requirements for them?

Big 10 has a lot of money to lose by not having a team in the playoff. They would be stupid not to make exceptions.

There ya go. FIFY

They don't care about player safety or integrity or even the sport itself. this is purely for money. They realize how much money they will miss out on if they don't have OSU in the playoffs, and therefore have changed their own rules (that they created specifically for this season) to benefit themselves. Talk about hypocrisy.

What should happen is the SEC, ACC, Big 12, and the Group of Five schools that are actually playing now should boycott the playoff or say they aren't going to participate since OSU has not met the requirements and only played 1/2 the amount of games of the other schools.
Now this will almost certainly NOT happen as all the SEC/ACC/Big 12 care about is money as well so...........chalk another one up to the shirtshow that is 2020. :loopy:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom