Oil Closes at $100 per barrel...It's a new record! (1 Viewer)

haven't seen gas under $3.40 since last summer must be nice down there in the real world..

So is it too late to run to the pumps? Or does it matter since its just going to keep going up and up anyways?

$2.97 at the Chevron around the corner and the Shell across the street.

I filled up at Sam's last week for $2.72.

Classic

I, me and mine are fine. What's the fuss about? Definitely a Republican stance, regardless what you wrote on your card. Now, a good Democrat (forget D, a good American, would be feeling empathy for his fellow-men that have to drive two cars to work daily in an area that only has 3-4 dollars per gal gas. This is the major dividing-line amongst people in this country. Fortunately, the more people that are "touched" by gas, housing, stock market et al...the more people we will have crossing the line. The more rich people will begin to do the right thing. Thanks Obama.

But, your words signify why this administration and his cronies could really care less about Katrina, the amount of money going to the war, amount of lives lost, how much we pay for gas etc.

Classic

I, me and mine are fine. What's the fuss about? Definitely a Republican stance, regardless what you wrote on your card. Now, a good Democrat (forget D, a good American, would be feeling empathy for his fellow-men that have to drive two cars to work daily in an area that only has 3-4 dollars per gal gas. This is the major dividing-line amongst people in this country. Fortunately, the more people that are "touched" by gas, housing, stock market et al...the more people we will have crossing the line. The more rich people will begin to do the right thing. Thanks Obama.

But, your words signify why this administration and his cronies could really care less about Katrina, the amount of money going to the war, amount of lives lost, how much we pay for gas etc.

I thought he was just saying that gas jumped up 25 cents per gallon in one week in his area. :shrug:

Yep "classic" misread and foot-n-mouth.

Thanks Bop.

Sorry dads. The words still apply to the admin, but not you....this time...LOL.

The gas price here in Sweden is close to 6.75 a gallon. :( Just for comparison since you think 3$ a gallon is alot.

12096b.jpg
Threadjack: I love it when places do this for images: they make another image to tell you that "hotlinking" to their image is bandwidth stealing and costly and inconsiderate... of course this also steals bandwidth, but they don't mind this bandwidth theft because they get to lecture you about it. Don't know why they just don't block the image completely, thus using none of the bandwidth... oh yeah, they love the view from on their high horse.

(edit: of course this assumes you see the "hotlinking" image I saw when I first loaded the page, yet now don't because I went to the site directly... :))

Last edited:
Yep "classic" misread and foot-n-mouth.

Thanks Bop.

Sorry dads. The words still apply to the admin, but not you....this time...LOL.

Since you've been living on Army chow for a while now, I'll forgive you...this time...sir... :sergeant:

You know, after a while, the dye from the uniform seeps into your pores and gets in your bloodstream and changes the way you think and behave, or so I've heard. :mwink:

>>The gas price here in Sweden is close to 6.75 a gallon. :( Just for comparison since you think 3$ a gallon is alot.

Yeah but it's still Sweden. :shrug: (Sweden uber alles) So you can't complain too loudly. :shrug: Of course in Europe, you have quality alternatives and generally efficient mass transportation (not sure about Malmo proper, but you know what I'm saying).

TPS

Joke time.

Vancouver British Columbia court records...

"I rear-ended this car. So there we are alongside the
road and the driver gets out of the car...And you know
how you just-get-so-stressed and life-stuff seems to
get funny?

Yeah, well, I could NOT believe it. The other driver
was a DWARF!

He storms over to my car, looks up at me and says,
'I AM NOT HAPPY!'

So, I look down at him and say, 'Well then, which
one are you?' and that's when the fight started . . ."

As Time Magazine points out, it's those blasted Canadians at it again!

TIME
February 19, 2008 6:02
$100 a barrel oil, here we go

The top five source countries and their percent share of U.S. total net petroleum imports were:

Canada (17.5%)
Saudi Arabia (11.9%)
Mexico (11.8%)
Venezuela (11.2%)
Nigeria (9.1%)

That's right, Canada. Once again, Canada has the answer.

http://time-blog.com/curious_capitalist/

Gas is high because of terrorism and the money we pay for gas supports terrorism. LOL. Nice.

Gas is high because of terrorism and the money we pay for gas supports terrorism. LOL. Nice.

Or, the fact that we have half as many refineries as we did 30 years a go and the fact that we refuse to drill in America. Thanks, sheepish Republicrats for caving into the psycho wing of the environmentalist's movement. Protecting the environment is very important, yes, but refusing to save your own butt? Whatever. Doob's sleep deprived rant now over.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom