Ok guys, the drought is over (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I prayed to God to win in 2009 and said that would hold me for the next ten years. Well, guess what? It’s been ten years, so look for a Super Bowl win next year. Little did I realize how heartbreaking these last ten years would be!

Every playoff loss is heartbreaking for every team.
I’m still proud of the 10s Saints and the entire run from 06 to the present.

Crazy to think any Saints fan 30 years old and younger basically has no idea how bad it was before 2006. Yes, some heart breaking moments since SB but man has it been fun to watch overall.

What about the 40 years before 09? I think last weeks loss combined with Drew's age has caused the most cognitive distress on this board that I've seen in a long time.

Last edited:
Crazy to think any Saints fan 30 years old and younger basically has no idea how bad it was before 2006. Yes, some heart breaking moments since SB but man has it been fun to watch overall.
Just for reference, I’m 28 and I’ve been watching the Saints since 00.
Add to that, there’s college players that have only seen the Saints with one coach and have only known the Saints as contenders.

Brees still has plenty to be proud of for his career. 32 teams play every year and only 1 wins the Super Bowl. The Pats are an anomally. It was a great year, don't distress.

Amen.
Try watching your team return their first kickoff for a TD only to not have a winning season for 20 years....

Yeah,,, mother praying her child doesn't die of cancer.. "sorry, lady, got to make the Saints win the Superbowl!"

I'm 31 and I know exactly how bad it was. I used to laugh so hard at my Dad as a kid for getting so worked up. I even used to gloat and dance when my childhood team, the Cowboys, would beat the Saints. Oh did he get upset, but he never said much thankfully. I was probably like 8 at the time. He used to record every single game on vhs and re-watched the few that were a win. I feel for him now. That had to have been pretty rough, whereas I was a care-free kid.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom