Ok.... Here we go! (1 Viewer)

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I changed the DNS to point to this new server about a half an hour ago. I see some have propagated at your ISP's already. Users will be trickling in as their ISP's propagate to point SaintsReport.com to this server over the next couple of days.

This is a work in progress. Sort of a rushed build as I didn't want to pay for two servers for another month. Features will be added as we go, and as time allows. A few of the features that we had on the old board are not hacked into this one yet. For example, the Contributor tags. It will take a little time to figure out how to hack that feature in here as well as a few others. Some little things that I am just now noticing that I will fix in short order... I will need to move the "Currently Active Users Viewing This Page" feature to the top of the pages, and I have to have a "new thread" button on the showthread pages also. Then I have to get the "Thread start time and date" hacked in.

It will take a little time to get adjusted, but you will find that this system has a lot of cool features in it.

I don't like change so much. I was really comfortable in the old system as I am sure many of you were. This was a necessary move. I tried to emulate the old site quite a bit.

I've been up for 20 hours working on this and need some sleep. I'll be back to answer questions and help with issues once I wake up and can get back to the boards.

As I stated on the old board, we will be tweaking this site for a while, so you may see some slow-downs and short periods of down-time here and there. We are also adding more RAM to make sure that there will be no resource problems. We have an awful lot of security that J.D. (eaux-yeah) has installed into this system and it in itself is using quite a bit of memory. There will be a short period of downtime for that.

If you haven't already grabbed your sig pics and avatars from the old board, I've archived the entire old site through 8PM last night. It is located at http://srarchives.com and is fully functional. You can grab them from there.

Thanks for your patience and pardon the inconvenience.

Andrus

I one of the first on the new Board. I gotta learn to sleep in!!!

Thanks Andrus for your hard work. Place looks great. I'd up your rep meter, but you are apparently already a ten.

Looks good. Change on forums is always uncomfortable for some, but after a while, you wonder how you got along with it the old way.

Thanks, Andrus!

varanook, I don't think changing the forum has anything to do with paypal, so you should be good to go.

Mornin, Nice setup you got here, 1 problem though, I can't get my Avatar to work from the old board, keeps saying invalid file.

The new style is SWEET! I like it, I love it, I want some more of it!

Thanks Andrus. I will send a donation after my next pay check.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom