OK Homers - How Good Are the Falcons? - Fess Up (1 Viewer)

Tell you a few reasons why they win games.

Its either their opponent screwing up, or they able to march down short fields assisted by the officials to gain game winning FG or TD (when Roddy White pushes defenders out of his way)

They have only been dominant in about 2 games this year, 1 of them was Browns, 1 was Rams.

Clock management, they have huge possession time that is staggeringly the same as the Saints had during their SB run.. But no where near the same team.
Question is, do they actually need to be as good as Saints were this season? a lot of teams people thought were going to be Super excellent fell apart.. (colts?, steelers?)

Think back 1 year ago now. Entering December we were 11-0, had just blown out the Patriots on Monday Night Football and were thinking undefeated season. I actually remember walking out of the Dome that night saying that at this point 14-2 would be a disappointment.

Then we had the Washington game where they were 3-8 and pushed us to the limits, then we would up losing 2 HOME GAMES to Dallas and Tampa Bay. Tampa was playing for nothing but pride, and actually would up screwing up their draft by winning.

Thinking back, a major reason we had those troubles was injuries due to a grueling NFL schedule. Greer, Porter, Bush, Shockey, were just a few of the players who missed time in the month of December. We had Mike Mckenzie and Chris McAlister-street free agents starting and playing major roles in games for us.

As much as I hate staring up at the Falcons nothing is over-we both still have 5 games to go. Let's see if they can go on the road and win 3 straight. And stay healthy. History tells us that teams don't usually win 3 straight on the road, and as the injuries begin to mount as the season wears on, I believe that we could finish the season with the same record as last year, 13-3. Until then, go Bucs, Panthers, and Seahawks.

Clock management, they have huge possession time that is staggeringly the same as the Saints had during their SB run.. But no where near the same team.
Question is, do they actually need to be as good as Saints were this season? a lot of teams people thought were going to be Super excellent fell apart.. (colts?, steelers?)

I can see several teams that I believe will be hot down the stretch.

Saints, a veteran, battle tested team that shines in prime time. Offense is again scoring 30+ points per game since Pittsburgh on SNF.

Chargers, because they always start slow and they own December.

Probably one of NYJ/NE/CHI. All 3 teams play each other over the last 5 weeks. Chicago gets both games at Soldier Field.

Eagles. They have only one game left versus a team with a winning record. What looked like a blowout in Chicago quickly turned into a game where, if they had gotten the onside kick, they'd have had close to 2 minutes + Vick + legit receivers to win it.

Haha I said i was done arguing, but if you want to keep feeding it on, then I'm hungry. How exactly does what you said in bold matter or even make a difference if the FG was made? The game would've been over. Nothing would have matterd after that.

Hey NO Boy - Just having some fun. I didn't realize the level of emotion on the board towards the Falcons. I think we go into their Dome and walk away with them have 2 losses!

Many of us on SSR talk about their luck this year. We had a bunch go our way last year. And we are only a game behind them right now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom