OK Homers - How Good Are the Falcons? - Fess Up (2 Viewers)

You don't have to answer, just think about it.

Honestly. If this was the Saints we were talking about, is there no chance you would respond with something to the effect of "No matter what, this team just finds a way to win"?

Honestly, I probably wouldn't.

This board went nuts when we beat the Seahawks by 15. I think most of the fans here realize it's not a good thing to live on the edge all season. All it takes it one slip up in the playoffs and you are done. At some point I think the Falcons need to start winning a little more convincingly to have a real shot at the superbowl in my opinion.

That's not to say they don't do well the rest of the regular season, but in the playoffs they'll have to face some really good teams. Perhaps even facing the Eagles team that drubbed them earlier in the year. Something will have to give.

Don't forget that catch that shouldn't have been by Gonzalez, which would have forced a punt.

I have argued this point already, so I won't belabor it, but GB is not that good a team. Not challenging that play is the type of mistake bad teams make. It's the type of mistake former Saints offensive coordinator / mediocre head coach Mike McCarthy makes. Those are the breaks you get when you play a bad team. The Falcons avoid those mistakes, and you remember when their opponent makes them because they capitalize. If the Falcons had kicked a FG that drive and lost the game anyway, you would not even be talking about it. Instead, they capitalized, and here we are.

Having been around for a while, it's hard not to feel a little sympathy for the Bucs fans and Falcons fans, especially the Bucs. These teams in the past were almost as bad as the Saints used to be. It's hard for me to just sport-trash the Falcons.

How good are the Falcons this year? I thought GB was going take them down. They look awfully good in all major areas and Smith is a top notch coach. Right now, they have SB appearance written all over them.

How much of this is talent and how much is confidence? What will happen if they fall on the road. How will this impact their confidence? We can play ostrich, but they are quite real and Ryan is money in the clutch. Lots of times it takes a QB a few times to get their cool under playoff pressure before they are ready to lead a SB team. We will see with Ryan.

We have a huge task in front of this. I don't think we make it to the SB if we have to play in cold weather twice in the playoffs. I guess we just have to run the table. Just two obstacles in the way: Ravens in the cold and the Falcons in their dome who are 19-1 with Ryan.

Tell him, Denny!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xklqixUk5ZQ :rant:

Honestly, I probably wouldn't.

This board went nuts when we beat the Seahawks by 15. I think most of the fans here realize it's not a good thing to live on the edge all season. All it takes it one slip up in the playoffs and you are done. At some point I think the Falcons need to start winning a little more convincingly to have a real shot at the superbowl in my opinion.

That's not to say they don't do well the rest of the regular season, but in the playoffs they'll have to face some really good teams. Perhaps even facing the Eagles team that drubbed them earlier in the year. Something will have to give.

If they go in as a wildcard, they're one and done.

If they get home field, I'm worried. They just find a way to win at home. We all know it's not crowd noise, maybe it's just mental at this point. I don't know. The evidence is there. All the woulda-coulda-shoulda still adds up to 2 losses. I think with home field they definitely get to the NFCCG, and they're gonna be hard to beat there. I think we're equipped to do it, and I think the Eagles are. The rest will go down easily.

Too many caveats to call it a fearless prediction, but that's where I am right now.

THEY ARE A SOLID TEAM WITH SO MANY LUCKY BREAKS IT IS SICKENING. THE HARTLEY 27 YARD MISS ,GREEDY STUPID S.F. CORNER KNEELS ON IT, TAMPA BAY GETS SOFT ON THE ONE YARD LINE, McCARTHY STUPID *** DROPS A CHALLENGE FLAG, THAT IS FOUR THAT THEY DIDNT LOSE THAT THEY SHOULD HAVE. IT MAKES ME ILL HEARING THE MEDIA AND THEIR LOVE FEST FOR A TEAM THAT IS BEYOND LUCKY. THEY DONT SEEM TO BRING UP THE LAST MINUTE WAYS THAT THEY WIN. I KNOW WE HAD A FEW BREAKS LAST YEAR BUT NOT HALF AS MUCH AS THEY HAVE HAD,WE KICKED BUTT FOR ALMOST THE WHOLE SEASON. I CANT WAIT TILL WE PLAY THEM. I HOPE WE BLOW THEM OUT SO BAD THAT HARTLEY JUST NEEDS TO KICK EXTRA POINTS AND DONT LEAVE THE GAME UP TO HIM. I JUST HOPE THAT ATLANTA STUMBLES A COUPLE TIMES. I WANT EVERYTHING COMING THRU THE DOME IN THE PLAYOFFS LIKE LAST YEAR.

They have no deep threat besides White, which doesn't run deep routes.
All they do is throw check downs.
They have a really big legged running back that people can't seem to catch. < Don't understand.

They've beat good teams, so they must be good?

They are 3-2 on the road. Let's see how good they are after this three game stretch and the game against the Saints.

They have a good power running game, and a good, not yet great QB. Decent defense, I say that are in the top ten. They did win against the Saints in New Orleans, but the Saints were clearly the better team.

Why should a discussion of the quality of our strongest divisional opponent go BTL? This seems like a more sensible topic than most on the SSF. And we don't get to say that about Swimmer's threads very often.

No offense, Swimmer.

WhoDat26 - no offense taken. We all cheer for the same team - i think :smilielol:

The falcons are a team that's not great on offense... not good at all on defense... but they don't hurt themselves with penalties and turnovers, and they rely on lucky breaks (like missed field goals), penalties that don't go against them (see Roddy White push-off) and other teams giving them the game (see the entire GB game from last week.

There...

They have played a weak schedule....They won against the Rams by like 17 but with like three minutes (and some change) left Bradford is on the two and going to cut it to 3....the very next Falcons series they are 3 and out....which would theoretically given the Rams a chance. Now they killed the Cardinals by like 34 or something, and they beat the Browns by ten...but against the Browns they were losing, and about to go down 14-6 when Senecca Wallace was hurt (124 QB rating) ...then comes in Delhomme and stops the drive on the short field (a fumbled snap like on the 2) and then proceeds to put up 2 ints in the half (it easily could have been 4 and posts 33 QB rating) and the Browns lose by 10 ( Delhomme is the scoring factor as he contributes one pick 6, and and another short field pick)....Those are their three signature wins....

EVERY other Win is like 7 points or less. NO-by 3, GB by-3 (home game), SF by 2(home game), Balt by 6(home game), TB by 6(home game), Cinci by 7(home game)

They Are WAY Overated...

They have no deep threat besides White, which doesn't run deep routes.
All they do is throw check downs.
They have a really big legged running back that people can't seem to catch. < Don't understand.

They've beat good teams, so they must be good?

Those check downs are brutal though. Nobody has found an answer for Gonzales on third down, including our beloved and supposedly superior Saints.

If you're not being facetious, I totally agree. They've beaten good teams. They're like Boise State, what more must they do besides win games to be taken seriously?

I sincerely hope that Tampa is Nevada. With any luck, they are, and then they'll have to play in the Sugar Bowl. Then I'll feel a lot better about the chance they lose instead of the SEC having to go to their house.

Did I take the metaphor too far? Sorry.

People said the same thing about the Saints last year and we did. Just saying....

That's the difference maker, *if* they manage it I'm not going to cry baby it. You do it, you deserve it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom