OK Homers - How Good Are the Falcons? - Fess Up (2 Viewers)

The way to solve all these "breaks" that everyone keeps talking about, is to beat the piss outta of them, like Philly did. You go up by 3 scores on their @sses, and they cannot respond. Easier said than done, I know, but you can move the ball on their defense with ease, if you have a good offense that protects the ball.

I've given them their props way more than I care to, but I keep seeing people talk about their "breaks". Well, those breaks only matter in close games - they are the kind of team that you need to blow out, as they are not built to come from behind in that manner. If you're up by 7 or 10 - that's still Atlanta's game. Go up by 17+ - they're done, IMO.

if drew brees wouldn't have thrown 2 pick 6s during the cleveland game we would've won by at least 1

HAHAHA wow boy do I love arguments like this. Because the two examples that you're trying to compare isn't even the same idea.

I'll tell you straight up though...even if Drew DIDN'T throw the 2 picks, you/me/anybody would still not know the outcome of that game...

But guess what? If Garret made that FG, the game was over right there point blank...it's different.

You can't make that assumption. We might have won the Atlanta game and got over confident and lost a few instead of only two. Atlanta might have lost to us and it lit a fire under their *** and they could have gone undefeated by beating Philly.

Stop right there. Why even make the assumption of that being a possibility of us losing more games? Because I can play that game too, and say that the Falcons could've lost more games, instead of 2.

I don't see your point there, because that has nothing to do with what I said, which was: If that FG was made, there would be none of this Falcons talk...well big talks anyway.

HAHAHA wow boy do I love arguments like this. Because the two examples that you're trying to compare isn't even the same idea.

I'll tell you straight up though...even if Drew DIDN'T throw the 2 picks, you/me/anybody would still not know the outcome of that game...

But guess what? If Garret made that FG, the game was over right there point blank...it's different.
my main point was that
we if we would've won the Cleveland game the field goal wouldn't matter as much and also any team in any game can play the what if game
typically when other teams fans do I simply reply "If grandma had nuts she'd be grandpa" and it typically ends those discussions

my main point was that
we if we would've won the Cleveland game the field goal wouldn't matter as much and also any team in any game can play the what if game
typically when other teams fans do I simply reply "If grandma had nuts she'd be grandpa" and it typically ends those discussions

I'm done arguing...but just one more thing:

I think you're wrong because if we would've won that Cleveland game, then the missed field goal would mean MORE than it do right now. This is so because we then expose the Falcons even more, and show everyone that we are clearly the better team.

But let's agree to disagree

They played lights out against us...... if you go back and watch the games.... probably there best performance of the year....... we had a horrible game for over 3 quarters and still should have BEAT them..... We smoke them next time around

This team has had luck and fortunate calls go there way the entire season..... It's going to run out soon......

WE GOT THIS!!!!

1)The Falcons do not get any injures

2)the Falcons do not turn the ball over

3)The Falcons do not commit penalties

4)The referees give the Falcons every close call in the world..homecooking in the dome is the norm.

5)I swear that offense plans for it to take at least 3 downs to get a first down to stall time..then when they get past the 50, it's like they want it to take 4 downs to get 10 yards so they can stall more time. Think of the old princeton basketball style...this is the Falcons. When you add 1-4 together and combine it with this game play, it's a perfect mix..

However, even executing this perfect game plan of error free football(along with the "home cooking") they still barely win games. The Saints? We kill people when we have this going for us..yet, with everything going right, they barely win..

Take this to the bank..

That Falcon team will not win the superbowl..

I hate Atlanta just as much as any of you but if youre thinking realistically, then you KNOW the Falclowns will win the division without a doubt. I hope we beat them in Georgia but highly unlikely. I say we'll finish the season 11-5.No way we win out 5 games. Thats wishful thinking.Our best hope is to play them in the playoffs and beat their feathers there.

I'm really close to just going for total broke..an "ALL IN" philosophy regarding what I want to happen.

Go ahead Falcons, win the division..because what I want to happen is to go to the Georgia dome and beat you for the NFC championship all the while their fans have to watch our team celebrate another Super Bowl appearance.. again, but this time, in their dome, on their soil..the interviews after the game on their field, with their fans watching, and fully knowing that not only did we win last year, but we knocked them out this year...and they have to watch the entire thing, or LEAVE their own dome..

And now we are celebrating in their dome of not only our second super appearance, but knocking them out.

ALL IN, BABY...

The Falcons are good and well-coached, BUT...not as good as their record for many of the reasons already stated. They have no signature win where they've dominated a good team (like we did against NE or NYG or even our 2 TD win against the Jets last year). All of their wins vs. good teams were very close and many relied heavily on luck.

Yes, if it were the Saints in the same position, the emotional homer in me would say "we just know how to win, it's destiny!" But, logically...luck runs out. You play enough close games and you will lose one. I bet if you looked at past Super Bowl champs' weekly scores, none tiptoed between the raindrops the way the Falcons have in all of their big wins. There's always at least one or two signature routs against a good opponent.

It reminds me a little of how I felt last year about the Vikings. I told everyone I knew going into the playoffs that the combination of Peterson's fumbles, Favre's penchant for stupid decisions, and Childress' idiocy would kill the Vikings at some point. I just wasn't sure if it would be the divisional round, NFCCG, or the Super Bowl. This year, I am just as confident that the Falcons' luck will run out at some point. I just don't know if it'll be the divisional round (hopefully, b/c this is likely when we'd play them), the NFCCG or the Super Bowl. But I'd be genuinely stunned if they won the Super Bowl.

:biggthumpup:
More important than pro bowlers are "threats," for lack of a better term. The Falcons have consistent threats at every position. Roddy White is a deep threat who will run a 5 and out for 2 quarters and then hit a double move and house it (with a little offensive PI....).

Gonzalez is a threat on short yardage situations. He is 6'5". If you single cover him on 3rd and 5, they will go to him every time.

Turner is a threat to get 5-10 yards every time he touches the ball. He can run over people, and because of Roddy White and Tony G, you can't just put 8 guys in the box against him.

Matt Ryan is a smart QB. He will take the short stuff, and he will not beat himself. In that sense, he is like the rest of that team through 11 games - they do not make costly mistakes; teams make costly mistakes against them. Half of winning a game is not shooting yourself in the foot. If you want proof, look no further than the 3 games the Saints have lost. 4 defensive TDs between AZ and CLE, and a missed chip shot FG in overtime against ATL - that is shooting yourself in the foot.

On top of all that, their defense is playing well. They don't miss tackles. They are not a top unit, but you do not see them making huge mistakes. They make you take the ball down the field one play at a time, and seem to avoid the big play well.

All that being said, the Falcons are not flashy. Aaron Rodgers is a better QB, than Ryan. There are better TE's thn Gonzalez, and a lot of elite WRs probably would not want to play the role of glorified possession receiver that White often plays. But Flash does NOT win games, solid team effort does, and that is what they have been bringing. In that sense, they are like the Saints of 2009 who had a group of mostly unknown WRs, a hard charging UDFA RB, and a QB who had never been considered top 3 until last season.

It pains me to admit all of that, but being delusional about it is not going to help anything. Not to mention, as good as the Falcons are, the Saints can obviously beat them, they just need to avoid the mistakes they have made thus far.

I hate Atlanta just as much as any of you but if youre thinking realistically, then you KNOW the Falclowns will win the division without a doubt. I hope we beat them in Georgia but highly unlikely. I say we'll finish the season 11-5.No way we win out 5 games. Thats wishful thinking.Our best hope is to play them in the playoffs and beat their feathers there.

Come on now, we don't know that -- not at all.

I wouldnt be surprised if the Bucs pull this one off. Falclowns are favored by 3pts over Bucs. Of course this could change by the end of the week, but I dont see it changing very much. I think Tampa will take em this week to put us a half a game behind. Atlantas schedule looks as though they could win all 5, but they wont, theyll lost 2 of them. which 2 is anyones guess but ideally Bucs would be a favorable one.:mwink:

BTW, since you believe the Bucs have a chance, you really should believe we have chance at the division. If the Bucs win then we could still drop a non divisional game down the line and still win the division.

Atlanta has the edge, but this race is tighter than you seem to think.

The key this year is that Michael Turner is healthy. Last year they didnt have a great running attack like they do this season to compliment Matt Ryan and company.

With that said...

The Falcons are very vanilla on offense. They dont do anything fancy. They'll run the ball with Turner and play action off of that and Ryan looks for either White or Gonzo. That other WR that they have, Jenkins, is overrated. Their WR core in general isnt that great from top to bottom. Roddy White however is a prime time talent. Like him or hate him, he and Ryan have a nice chemistry going right now. Their offensive line is middle of the pack. So its avg at best. Its not great, but Ryan is good at getting rid of the ball quickly.

Their defense is also vanilla. They dont do a lot of fancy things. They do however swarm to the ball well. They dont have any stars on defense that stick out either. They dont do any single thing well, they are just good all around and they are well coached on that side of the ball.

Overall, the Falcons are a vanilla football team. I also feel as if they are not as good as their record says they are. Are they smoke and mirrors? No. However, I feel like as if they are a 6-5 football team right now posing with a 9-2 record.

They wont win the Super bowl this year. If they happen to sneak into the super bowl, they'll get destroyed by either the Jets, Patriots or whoever it is that they play from the AFC. So either way, they wont accomplish much this season besides being 0-2 in Super bowls at most.

With that said, the Saints are gonna be there at the end. I love the fact that nobody is talking about us.

I admit they are good. But they can be beat. If you can get to RYAN he will make mistakes just like any other QB. There DL is playing some good ball. Give them credit.

1. Stop Ryan(Pressure,Pressure,Pressure)
2. OL got to hold up in the trenches (Abraham and Jerry is bringing it)

Tampa Bay have a good DL that can pressure but I dnt know if they have the OL that
can hold off ATL DL and LBers. I hope so. We need Tampa Bay to come up big SUnday...

They are decent, but not Superbowl caliber. New England would rip them to shreds. The NFC as a whole isn't very good. If they happened to make the Superbowl, they'll embarrass the NFC like they did when they were crushed by the Broncos last time they went... and that squad was better.

Anf how is it different from our win against the Cowboys?

And regarding the "dominant" label....nobody is saying they are dominant, not even the media. It seems that you guys don't realize that a dominant team like last year doesn't come around every season.....the Faclons are just one of the top 2-3 team in the NFC. and You don't need to play like the 2009 Saints to go to the SB.

But it's always the same here, if the media say a team is good and it's not the Saints, people pretend they are crowning them and they say it's the best team of all time (find me an article that say the Falcons are dominant?)...and if someone say something remotely bad against the Saints people act like the called us the worst team in history....:idunno:

You haven't been reading much nor have you talked to very many Falcon fans for they have been indeed labeled, dominant, unbeatable at home...and they themselves are constantly trying to equate their luck this year with the 2 or 3 games where fortune smiled on us last year...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom