OK, if we trade for Vilma and sign Asante (1 Viewer)

d3vanj

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
we better trade up for Dorsey/Ellis
that would be a monumental upgrade, just imagine picking up those 3 and some stud MLB like Connor or Mayo and possibly Lofton if he slides

we would be a championship defense

DefensePlease

Jeff
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
love that theory. ide say to maybe sign another descent corner and safety, then boom. here we come

Mr. Malcolm

Very Banned
Reaction score
I'd be happy if the FO was even half that aggressive given its history.

cruize

Account closed at user request
Reaction score
The Saints will have over paid for an overrated CB and traded for a MLB that will bring back memories of Cie Grant.

Dart

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
The Saints will have over paid for an overrated CB and traded for a MLB that will bring back memories of Cie Grant.

Hang on... You're the guy who wanted us to sign Drayton Florence. Talk about overrated CBs!

Rich Jr

SR is my life!
Reaction score
Why get MLB if we get Vilma? I'd rather draft a DT/CB round 1/2.

oodank

BIG DOG!
Reaction score
Truth is Vilma will prolly be released if the Jets cant find a trade potna. Dont expect to see Vilma in B&G until sometime during the draft, if at all.
Why trade for a guy when you know he's going to be released (ala Nick Saban in MIA)? I mean unless you can get him for a 5th or 6th like the Jags got WR Williamson for from the Vikes, that draft pick can be used on someone else.

Mavrick608

Big Game Hunter
Reaction score
The only problem with that is the massive amount of bonus money the saints would be paying to a top tier CB, a top 5 pic and I am assuming Vilma will want a new deal. Lets not forget its not just the salary cap the saints have to deal with the money paid in bonus has to be taken into account. Most likely if we get both vilma and Asante I would expect us to trade down not up ths dereasing the amount of bonus money we have to payout this year.

NPs6724

Two Dat, Here We Come!
Reaction score
Truth is Vilma will prolly be released if the Jets cant find a trade potna. Dont expect to see Vilma in B&G until sometime during the draft, if at all.
Why trade for a guy when you know he's going to be released (ala Nick Saban in MIA)? I mean unless you can get him for a 5th or 6th like the Jags got WR Williamson for from the Vikes, that draft pick can be used on someone else.

Because vying for Vilma after he's been released requires A) a new contract and B) fighting off 30 other teams. I'd rather give them a pick to guarantee his services, if he's the guy we truly want.

canuckredux

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Hang on... You're the guy who wanted us to sign Drayton Florence. Talk about overrated CBs!

Drayton Florence isn't overrated; pretty much everyone knows he sucks. :hihi:

Eeyore

Flucifer
Reaction score
Vilma shouldn't cost more than a 4th or I wouldn't touch him.

If the Jets want more I would agree to change the offer to a 2009 4th that can become a 2009 3rd pending a percentage of defensive snaps taken by Vilma or some other numbers.

bsteele3

Reaction score
Vilma shouldn't cost more than a 4th or I wouldn't touch him.

If the Jets want more I would agree to change the offer to a 2009 4th that can become a 2009 3rd pending a percentage of defensive snaps taken by Vilma or some other numbers.

I hate to sound too pessimisstic, but I think the Lions will have a better offer than that (Shaun Rogers). And if we trade for Vilma, we still need a LB as insurance considering he isn't even running yet. This can be gotten in Round 2 or 3. And assuming we sign Asante, are people comfortable with David and Asante as starters? Seems like it will just about be the same as last year. So we need another corner still. And a DT.

I think a trade for Vilma, signing Asante, and trading up for a DT is going to be too much to ask, but I guess we will find out shortly.

Eeyore

Flucifer
Reaction score
I hate to sound too pessimisstic, but I think the Lions will have a better offer than that (Shaun Rogers). And if we trade for Vilma, we still need a LB as insurance considering he isn't even running yet. This can be gotten in Round 2 or 3. And assuming we sign Asante, are people comfortable with David and Asante as starters? Seems like it will just about be the same as last year. So we need another corner still. And a DT.

I think a trade for Vilma, signing Asante, and trading up for a DT is going to be too much to ask, but I guess we will find out shortly.

You may be right. However, with todays deal of Oakland signing a no-name goof DT for 7 years and 50.5 million dollars I wonder if the Jets want to try and sign Rogers to a contract extension. Surely he would want more money than Tommy Kelly. If the Jets with $22 million in cap room don't want to pay Rogers they may opt for a draft pick which is cap friendly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom