Ok...just imagining what MIGHT work for Wilson to the Saints (1 Viewer)

As someone has been saying, draft capital wise, we can’t front the best package of picks. But if we’re willing to let vets go. And good ones, we can be strong players.

As much as it would pain me, I think I’d do Lattimore as a feature of a Wilson deal.

This is what I was thinking, but what if Seattle doesn’t make TH7 their starting QB? Then, he he becomes a skillful beast for someone else.
I’d rather send Seattle:
3-1st rd picks
Andrus Peat
Marcus Davenport

We get:
Russell Wilson
2021 3rd rd pick

I think the argument with Taysom is that there aren't a lot of coaches who can use Taysom like Payton. Pete isn't one them. Reid or Shanahan are probably the only other coaches who could use him effectively.

As someone has been saying, draft capital wise, we can’t front the best package of picks. But if we’re willing to let vets go. And good ones, we can be strong players.

As much as it would pain me, I think I’d do Lattimore as a feature of a Wilson deal.

Agree.

I have no clue if Seattle will actually trade him. And I have even less confidence that we could make it work since we can’t help them get a QB.

But in a world where we ended up making a deal, it’s going to hurt. It will be worth it, but people would have to be okay with losing Lattimore, Kamara or potentially even both.

I think the argument with Taysom is that there aren't a lot of coaches who can use Taysom like Payton. Pete isn't one them. Reid or Shanahan are probably the only other coaches who could use him effectively.
See I beg to differ. TH7 has to spend time in a handful of different position group rooms. He’s getting very little coaching at all of these different positions. He’s not going to be the best at any position, but he is a playmaker when inserted. Now, I will agree that most coaches/OCs can’t design plays to the magnitude that SP can, but TH7 could make a decent OC look at least competent. Dude is a damn gamer. After what SP did with Taysom, every coach/OC now wants a version of a “Taysom Hill”. It’s never a good idea to just hand over the original. Now, our Taysom Hill packages at QB, could now be ran by Wilson obviously, but TH7 brings more to the table than just that. I can’t name another player in the league that can do what he does. In fact, I haven’t seen a player like him in my lifetime. QB, HB, TE, STs....blazing fast and trucks people while being caffeine free. Not too many guys that initiates physicality like he does these days. I hope that guy retires with us.

J. Winston is our QB we just need to build around him, we have a contegency plan, people may not like the contegency plan but he threw for 5000 yrds and 30 td's before becoming a Saint and was a #1 overall pick and if his 30 ints that year is your hang up then I can't convince you but Winston is as talented an arm in the league as it gets and he's under the tutelage of Sean Payton.

Saints fans should be excited but because of his trivial crab leg insodent (😁 crab legs??) and eating a W as a pep talk people don't like him?

This team is about resigning existing talent and movng forward with J. Winston....people should be excited because this team planned for life without Brees when most teams are trying to rebuild or seek a replacement, one has fallen into the Saints lap and people are rejecting the player for idiotic reasons.
And his sexual assault incidents. Whatever has happened, is in the past. Whether you like it or not, he is a Saints player for now. That said and like with any other player position, you are always looking to upgrade. The bigger question then becomes. What is it going to cost? So do the Saints roll with giving Winston a shot in training camp? Or do they move on to a significant and proven upgrade? I am onboard for the upgrade!

Yeah, but then youre missing a couple CBs and no draft picks to acquire them.

Just give the Seahawks 3 first round picks and a player of their choosing not named Lattimore, Ramcyck, Kamara or McCoy.
Under this scenario, Ruiz and his 4 years remaining on a rookie deal would likely be gone....although they’d be tempted with Armstead or Davenport.

3-1sts plus Ruiz might be a bridge too far as I’d rather offload an overpaid player with the picks vs the promising rookie G/C.

• 1Like
Reactions: MLU
For years as Saints fans we have collectively complained about not having a shut down corner, or no safety (can he play safety), and now we do. But Saints fans now want to trade away those key components for a QB. Remember when Drew was all world and he was putting trillions of yards per game, yet still going 7-9? I guess some want to go back to that. I think we should try to resign Winston and keep our draft picks. If we lose some vets, then we can rebuild through the draft. Our drafts have been decent to outstanding of late.

For years as Saints fans we have collectively complained about not having a shut down corner, or no safety (can he play safety), and now we do. But Saints fans now want to trade away those key components for a QB. Remember when Drew was all world and he was putting trillions of yards per game, yet still going 7-9? I guess some want to go back to that. I think we should try to resign Winston and keep our draft picks. If we lose some vets, then we can rebuild through the draft. Our drafts have been decent to outstanding of late.

Lattimore isn’t the difference between 12-4 and 7-9.

Wilson could be.

Personally, I think Jameis’ ceiling is very high and we could be very good with him. But I KNOW what Russ’s ceiling and floor are. And he and Payton could wreck this league together.

We will soon know if the Saints are actively looking to trade for a QB if Winston isn't signed early in FA. If Winston leaves, the Saints have to make a move for a veteran QB or trade up to grab a young stud QB. The problem with signing Wilson or Watson is they will want more money and then push the Saints back into cap hell. I have no problem with the Saints making moves to free up cap next year and blow this season off. They may get a high draft pick next year and then have cap space to sign whomever they want. They then can make a run for 10 years with Payton and a stud QB.

Lattimore isn’t the difference between 12-4 and 7-9.

Wilson could be.

Personally, I think Jameis’ ceiling is very high and we could be very good with him. But I KNOW what Russ’s ceiling and floor are. And he and Payton could wreck this league together.
No one player is the difference, it's the culmination of the entire team. I think trading away key defensive players is going to put us right back where we were pre 2017 . . .

We will soon know if the Saints are actively looking to trade for a QB if Winston isn't signed early in FA. If Winston leaves, the Saints have to make a move for a veteran QB or trade up to grab a young stud QB. The problem with signing Wilson or Watson is they will want more money and then push the Saints back into cap hell. I have no problem with the Saints making moves to free up cap next year and blow this season off. They may get a high draft pick next year and then have cap space to sign whomever they want. They then can make a run for 10 years with Payton and a stud QB.
I hear ya, but I can't help but thinking, especially Wilson, these guys want to go back to the SB. Well, Watson's case would be his first time. I guess there has to be a point where winning trumps money.

Before people pile on to me, I am just fantasizing, postulating, doing wishful thinking

But, I can, so I will !!:) feel free to give some constructive opinions

Saints trade Marshon Lattimore to the Broncos OR 49 ers plus their 2021 1st rd pick for the Broncos/ Niners 1st round pick ( Niners will be happy to see R Wilson out of the NFC west!!). Both Niners and Broncos need a CB

Then trade that higher 1st Round pick plus the 2022 1 st Round and 2nd Round picks to the Seahawks

Seahawks then have have 2 1st round picks and can move up to grab a QB or wade into the Winston/darnold/Watson sweepstakes

Is that doable ?

Moving up to get a higher 1st Round pick is to convince Seattle that THAT higher pick is worth more than 2 very late 1st round picks.

HENCE, may not have to give up 3 first rounders ?

Some say give them whatever! No way would i give up RR and AK41. I am on the fence with MT. Plus Seattle doesn't really a WR, they have 2 studs.

If the saints just stick with their 28th pick, then yes 3 first rounders and Lattimore/Murray/Peat maybe even a sign and trade with Winston , if Seattle is so inclined.

Would the same work for Watson: They may need a WR and we can dangle MT?

Here's the issue with just staying with JW:
If Caroline gets either Watson OR Wilson, the NFC south is gonna be a serious BATTLE !!!!

No one player is the difference, it's the culmination of the entire team. I think trading away key defensive players is going to put us right back where we were pre 2017 . . .

One player can absolutely make the difference between being a good team and a mediocre or worse team IF that player is a franchise QB.

Those pre-2017 teams didn't have the talent this one does. If you took Drew OFF of those teams? You're talking 3 or 4 wins.

lets roll with winston

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom