Ok...just imagining what MIGHT work for Wilson to the Saints (1 Viewer)

Before people pile on to me, I am just fantasizing, postulating, doing wishful thinking

But, I can, so I will !!:) feel free to give some constructive opinions

Saints trade Marshon Lattimore to the Broncos OR 49 ers plus their 2021 1st rd pick for the Broncos/ Niners 1st round pick ( Niners will be happy to see R Wilson out of the NFC west!!). Both Niners and Broncos need a CB

Then trade that higher 1st Round pick plus the 2022 1 st Round and 2nd Round picks to the Seahawks

Seahawks then have have 2 1st round picks and can move up to grab a QB or wade into the Winston/darnold/Watson sweepstakes

Is that doable ?

More than a cornerback, the broncos need a trustworthy quarterback option.

It has been reported that they have inquired about Watson.

So, I don’t see Denver trading for any other position than quarterback.

You telling me they would pass up a first, and then you throw in the stud anzalone? Come on man.

The cap situation is the main reason that I would be against trading a slew of picks. The only way to rebuild a roster when you are up against the cap is through the draft. If you trade away most of your picks and can’t sign free agents, then what. You have Wilson with no way to give him weapons down the road.

For years as Saints fans we have collectively complained about not having a shut down corner, or no safety (can he play safety), and now we do. But Saints fans now want to trade away those key components for a QB. Remember when Drew was all world and he was putting trillions of yards per game, yet still going 7-9? I guess some want to go back to that. I think we should try to resign Winston and keep our draft picks. If we lose some vets, then we can rebuild through the draft. Our drafts have been decent to outstanding of late.

I think it stinks that we can’t have both lol. If it’s not one thing it’s another. You need a great QB to win the SB and the Saints wasted most of Brees’ greatest years with not making the right front office moves sooner to fix the defense. I think Winston can lead this team to 10+ wins and to the playoffs, but I don’t think he can make it all the way.

As someone has been saying, draft capital wise, we can’t front the best package of picks. But if we’re willing to let vets go. And good ones, we can be strong players.

As much as it would pain me, I think I’d do Lattimore as a feature of a Wilson deal.
Wilson as a Saint throwing against Lattimore as a Seahawk would be must watch TV.

I can’t believe people really believe this trade might happen.
1) The Seahawks are not going to trade Wilson
2) It was Wilson’s agent that gave the list of teams he would want to go to.
3) the Saints have the 28th pick this year
4) the Saints have 0 cap room, worst in the league.

I was halfway hoping you meant Zach Wilson.

This is what I was thinking, but what if Seattle doesn’t make TH7 their starting QB? Then, he he becomes a skillful beast for someone else.
I’d rather send Seattle:
3-1st rd picks
Andrus Peat
Marcus Davenport

We get:
Russell Wilson
2021 3rd rd pick
I think Taysom only has one season left as jack of all trades. By 2022 he will be well north of 30.

I can’t believe people really believe this trade might happen.
1) The Seahawks are not going to trade Wilson
2) It was Wilson’s agent that gave the list of teams he would want to go to.
3) the Saints have the 28th pick this year
4) the Saints have 0 cap room, worst in the league.
#4 is certainly the least relevant issue. There will be zero problem making space for Wilson.

3 1's... and hes worth all of it. hell throw in Taysom
I say 2 1s and MT to offset the salary we’d be picking up. It would be ironic that after MT tweeted about making the trade for RW, he would be sent packing and wouldn’t get to play with him.

As someone has been saying, draft capital wise, we can’t front the best package of picks. But if we’re willing to let vets go. And good ones, we can be strong players.

As much as it would pain me, I think I’d do Lattimore as a feature of a Wilson deal.

If I included Lattimore then I won't go higher than 2 ones with him.

Why not just send them 3 firsts? 2021, 2022, 2023. That’s what they’re asking.
The trade would have to occur after June 1 because of his $39M cap hit. If so, no 2021 picks could be used.

The trade would have to occur after June 1 because of his $39M cap hit. If so, no 2021 picks could be used.
And therefore nothing happens this year.

Trading Wilson before June 1st would cost Seattle $39M in dead money AND an additional 2021 cap hit of $7M.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom