ok,looking to make new orleans my home base....... (1 Viewer)

KCWhoDat

Formerly known as Saints4ever
Reaction score
Kansas City, MO and anywhere my company sends me.
I sold my home in Monroe,La and I wanna buy a condo in new orleans..........where is a good place to buy ? Low crime but not so expensive that you have to give an arm and a leg to pay the mortage ? Any help would be appreciated.............thanks fellow SAINTS fans....

It depends on the price range and how much you have to spend. If you have a couple million, then I'd live off of Bourbon somewhere. If you don't have that much then maybe in other areas of the city.

Some of the condos in the area are just unreal and despite what they look like maybe on the outside once you get inside you will see where the money is going.

http://www.fqr.com/index/listings/condominium/?PHPSESSID=a9d3238c279bfedfc6d893c7f71b4dfa

I don't know I mean it all depends on if you have kids, how far you want to commute to work and a bunch of different things.

I have two houses for sale just over the line in MS....{cringe}....waiting on the hate MS comments.

Warehouse District? Lots of condos there. IIRC, they were about $100,000 - $250,000 when I lived there. I left in 2001.

Single? Go for the FQ.

Yup. There is a ton available in the FQ right now, so much so you could probably wheel and deal. Also there are countless condo buildings coming on line in the upcoming year so you may want to hold out for something brand spanking new . . .

Try Mandeville. You can get a pretty reasonable condo there for the $200k range with most of the conveniences of home except that you're safe and probably 25 minutes away.

:shrug:

nomar.org is the metropolitant association of realtor's search page. You can find what you want there.

TPS

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom