Ok the Saints are ok but..... (1 Viewer)

Tony1Saintfan

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Who the hell am I kidding this team is the best I’ve ever seen. I would love to see this offnse play the 85 Bears. I think we’d put up 35 on them.

Half the league would put 35 on the '85 Bears. Different era. You can't put 8/9 in the box with that 46 defense for half the game to stop the run and pressure the QB today.

Even in '85, we saw what happened when they played Marino/Duper/Clayton.

46 defense wouldn't work against modern NFL offense. Teams would just go empty formations and pick them apart.

46 defense wouldn't work against modern NFL offense. Teams would just go empty formations and pick them apart.

Actually, when I look @ the 46 D, I can't understand how it ever worked. Were all players just bigger n slower back then or what? Or the offensive playcalling must've been very unimaginative

My point was the 85 bears are considered to be the best defense of all time. Now I’ll admit the scheme they ran may not work. But they had the players with talent to adjust to a new scheme. Now having said that they are considered the best, I would love to see our offense lined up against them to see who’s best.

The secret of the 85 Bears was they were monsters in time of possession by just pounding Walter Payton.

The defense was able to tee off on opposing QBs because receivers had to literally physically fight to get open.

Different eras, different rules... those Bears were beatable on paper and then they punched you in the mouth.

I put the 2013 Seahawks ahead of the 85 Bears and the 2000 Ravens .... there were no rules back then like they are after Goddell took over as the commisioner ...

The Bears are the only NFC team that has a chance to beat us in the playoffs.

Was talking to a friend and I agree especially do not want to have to travel to Chicago in January.
We could still win, but I’d rather be at home.

Keep handling business. This team is special.

Half the league would put 35 on the '85 Bears. Different era. You can't put 8/9 in the box with that 46 defense for half the game to stop the run and pressure the QB today.

Even in '85, we saw what happened when they played Marino/Duper/Clayton.

Not if they're playing with the 1985 rules.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom