Ok this is kinda strange who is the market for this. (1 Viewer)

I can only imagine a chess collector or as a conversation piece.

I am not a fan of all of the custom sets simply because of their functionality in playing. There are a lot of great looking sets butif they make pieces too different from their traditional look, you have to concentrate on not overlooking a peril you would typically see almost subconsciously

But if some crazy person had not actually collecting pez dispensers, legend has it there would have not been an eBay. To each their own I suppose.

I honestly cannot remember the last time I used eBay. I guess craigslist overtook much of the practicality.

It is just the supreme Court justices Roberts, Ginsburg, Sotomayor, and Kavanaugh are the bishops.

Like really?

Pelosi, McConnell, Schumer and McCarthy knights riding donkeys and elephants?

Come on who is this for?

Oh an the Mike Pence as a queen is just funny on so many levels!

Novelty chess sets like this have been around for a very long time. Franklin Mint is the most well-known US maker, best known for their pewter Civil War series that you receive and pay for one piece at a time.

Small British makers churn out custom sets to order, then sell copies on the market.

1578841545099.png
Watergate Political Chessmen by Mascot Direct.
These are the Watergate Political Chessmen, a whimsical representation of the infamous Watergate Scandal. The Watergate Political Chessmen were Made in China and distributed through Mascot Direct in England during the early 1980s.

White
King: President Richard Nixon
Queen: First Lady, Pat Nixon
Rook: White House
Knights: Former Nixon V.P Spiro Agnew and Nixon Attorney General John Mitchell
Bishops: Nixon White House Counsel John Erlichmann and Nixon White House Chief of Staff Robert Haldeman
Pawn: CIA Officer and “Plumber” E. Howard Hunt
Black
King: Democrat Sam Ervin, Senate Watergate Committee Chairman
Queen: Martha Mitchell, unflatteringly depicted with a tiny man (Her Husband?) in her gaping mouth.
Rook: Watergate Building
Knights: U.S. Distrric Court Judge John Sirica and Democrat Archibald Cox, Watergate Special Prosecutor (Both riding Lady Justice)
Bishop: Nixon White House Counsel John Dean and Nixon Attorney General Elliot Richardson.
Pawn: Daniel Ellsburg, writer and Political Activist

Last edited:
i think your answer lies herein

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom