Ok time to fess up....How many of you "Who Dats" rooted for ATL in the Super Bowl? (1 Viewer)

BCK30

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Somebody here is going to have to explain the reasoning for supporting the Falcons in the Super Bowl when they're our biggest division rivals. We don't like them and they don't like us.

Yet on yesterday my parents invited Me and my brothers to watch the Super Bowl at their house. When me and my wife get there I'm shocked to learn that everybody else is rooting for the Falcons. My two brothers get a pass because they aren't Saints fans. But my parents supposedly are and I'm like What? They said they sick of the Patriots. Hey so am I but I sure as heck was a Brady and co supporter for this night only. They got to talk a lot of smack in the first half but I laughed loudest at the end of the game!!!

So, what was the reason some of you guys rooted for the Falcons? l understand you have a right to support who you want since the Saints weren't there but I'm curious. Was it because the Falcons have Louisiana bred guys on their team? Or because the Falcons winning would've put the NFC South on the map? I just couldn't find a way to cheer for those guys.

I do not think I count. I was neutral. According to my SB root rule, I always pull for the team with the least. This means Atlanta. But, as you said, they are rivals. If they had won, I would not had boo hoo about it. Ultimately, it makes our division looks better. However, what happened to them could not be any better!!! LMAO. This is better than the 2 points game!

[Note: The purpose of the green and red thumb is to encourage people to make good posts. It has nothing to do with whether or not you agree or disagree with what is stated in the post only that it was not a waste of time to read it. How exactly is my post not "helpful" or purposeful? I answered the question posed. It is a shame people do not know how to use this feature. It is a great feature that is simply wasted.]

I rooted for the pats the whole night. Being in Nyc, i was very unpopular at the party as they hate all things Boston here. But it was nothing personal, just an enemy of my enemy type of thing. I rooted for Carolina last yr but I could never root for atlanta, i feel like new orleans won the superbowl lol

Atl was definitely the flashy bandwagon pick because so many people wanted an underdog story. Glad they failed

For one of the first times, I was very neutral. Then I saw Arthur blank on the field ready to celebrate. That changed everything.

I do not think I count. I was neutral. According to my SB root rule, I always pull for the team with the least. Tis means Atlanta. But, as you said, they are rivals. If they had won, I would not had boo hoo about it. Ultimately, it makes our division looks better. However, what happened to them could not be any better!!! LMAO. This is better than the 2 points game!

For one of the first times, I was very neutral. Then I saw Arthur blank on the field ready to celebrate. That changed everything.

I kind of felt this way also, neutral.

I wanted to see a good game and it was one of the greatest SB. I'm really tired of the Pats and I don't like the Falcons...

I bet $40 on the Falcons only to jinx them. Everybody here was confused why was I rooting to lose money.

I'm from NE & most of my family and friends are Pats fans. It was a win for me either way. As for rooting for the Failclowns..

3-The-Godfather-quotes.gif

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

No DIE-HARD Saints' fan would ever ponder the thought of rooting for the ATLombardiless Clowns to win a SB. N E V E R!!!

Saints fan living in ATL here. Love this city and my friends BUT I openly rooted for the Pats. Luckily for me, my friends are football fans and understand what a rivalry means. Also it was nice responding to all their gloating texts I received all through the game.
PRICELESS.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom