Ok..Time to stir an Old Pot! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saints addic

Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I dont care if I'm beating a dead horse. I'm gonna say it anyway. I had to here it the last 3 years from bandwagon Saint fans and some who browse this board. Now its my turn...."If the Carolina Panthers Had Drew Brees as their starting QB, they might be undefeated" While I dont dislike Delhomme, I'd almost take Brooks back before him right now! THERE eat that Bandwagon Arnold Fans!!!!!!!

Jake has played so bad that the Broncos are going to start Cutler this week. Apparently the k and e is killing the QB's and the y is where it is at.

While I certainly can understand the possible frustration....

....what's a "Bandwagon Arnold" fan?

I mean, Green Acres has been in syndication for, like, 25 years.

You know they have breathalyzer's on cars so if your too intoxicated you cant drive. Sometimes I wish they came on computers and you had to use it before posting.

While I certainly can understand the possible frustration....

....what's a "Bandwagon Arnold" fan?

I mean, Green Acres has been in syndication for, like, 25 years.

"Benedict Arnold" (If my spelling is correct) Years ago when Carolina began there organization, they Stole alot of our players due to the rule where a new team comes into the league, you have to put tags on players who would be eligable for a sort of fantasy pick...(Cant remember the term) for a new team in their first year to pick up....Carolina, it seems, took all Saints Players. (Sam Mills, Wesley Walls, etc.... This is where the Arnold term was adopted for the Panthers. Its sort of a Lafayette thing.

"Benedict Arnold" (If my spelling is correct) Years ago when Carolina began there organization, they Stole alot of our players due to the rule where a new team comes into the league, you have to put tags on players who would be eligable for a sort of fantasy pick...(Cant remember the term) for a new team in their first year to pick up....Carolina, it seems, took all Saints Players. (Sam Mills, Wesley Walls, etc.... This is where the Arnold term was adopted for the Panthers. Its sort of a Lafayette thing.

If I'm not mistaken, it has more to do with the local fans that bolted for the Panthers due to Delhomme going to Carolina. A local sports talkshow host refers to the defectors as "Arnolds." Being from Breaux Bridge and playing high school and college football in Lafayette, Jake has a big following here. The Arnolds recruitment process was also aided by the circumstances of the '02 season of Haslett not putting in Delhomme for the injured Brooks with playoffs in the balance. Personally, the Panther-jersey-wearing Arnolds make me sick. And that is coming from a big Ragin' Cajun fan.

Carolina didn't take Sam Mills or Wesley. They were free agents and opted to sign with Carolina.

When new franchises are formed, all 32 teams will leave a specific number of players from their roster "unprotected." The new franchise can pick a specific number of all palyers left unprotected by their teams in that startup year only. That was not the case with Sam and Wesley.

Other players who Mora cut like Toi Cook and Brett Maxie also ended up in Carolina because Dom Capers, who was the first Panthers coach, was also a former secondary coach with the Saints befoe he became the D coordinator with PITT and eventually the head coach with Carolina.

Just FYI....

We need the Poster Reputation system back

Is my rep that bad? naw, I just get sick when people who have pulled for a team all their life, stop pulling for them b/c of a local player going elsewhere. I just want a chance to rub it back in their face.

I lost my faith in Haz when he did not give Jake the chance. I thought Jake would have done well and I supported him. When he left I still wish him well but the B&G is the only team and I don't miss the ones who jumped off.

Jake is overrated. he only has one good year. He was mediocre in Arizona and he stinks it up in Denver now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom