***Tropical Alert*** Hurricane Dorian (Formerly 'OK weather guys' thread) (5 Viewers)

Tony1Saintfan

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
8/28, 11pm: ADDING LINKS/MAPS TO Tony1Saintfan's ORIGINAL POST.

I'll add more as they become available, and will sticky if needed
~primadox
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ORIGINAL POST:
I’m looking at Dorian it’s path looks a little scary to me right now. Do you see anything that might steer this thing up the east coast.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NHC PRODUCTS

NHC Home
Tropical Weather Outlook
Dorian Public Advisory
Dorian Forecast Discussion
US Watches & Warnings
NWS Local Products

Other links:
WWL Hurricane Central
Mike's Weather Page (lots of links and maps here)
College of DuPage (good site for model runs)
Tropics - wide view (from Hurricane Harbor) - click on the 5 day movie html5 link to animate.
MyFoxHurricane (a good uncomplicated site with maps, model runs and webcams)

CURRENT MAPS/FORECASTS/MODELS:

Key Messages for Dorian

024109_key_messages_sm.png

NHC projected track

220614_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

NHC Projected Track with forecast wind arrival times

024109_earliest_reasonable_toa_no_wsp_34.png

Tracking models (courtesy of tropicaltidbits.com)

05L_tracks_latest.png

SATELLITE PRODUCTS

(links to the following maps found at wunderground.com and cyclocane.com)

Visual (cyclocane.com)

MOV8-4.05L.GIF

Infrared (wunderground.com)

fl_ir4_sat_tropicalindex_anim.gif

Radar (NOAA)

AMX_loop.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m looking at Dorian it’s path looks a little scary to me right now. Do you see anything that might steer this thing up the east coast.

As of right now, Puerto Rico could take a direct hit and the models keep this storm so small it may not even rain in San Juan.

I don't see any risk past the Caribbean at the moment but models are handling this incredibly poorly due to it's size.

Yup, hurricane season about to kick into full gear soon. Report says, it will be a category 1 when hits the islands.

If you don't already have a gas generator, now would a good time to buy one. When the power goes out and it's hot in your house, it's pretty miserable.

As of right now, Puerto Rico could take a direct hit and the models keep this storm so small it may not even rain in San Juan.

I don't see any risk past the Caribbean at the moment but models are handling this incredibly poorly due to it's size.
Thanks for that. Believe it or not I found out about Saints Report from a friend that told me how spot on the posts from the weather guys on here was.

It's obvious that those imperiled by foul weather who are then reprieved should pull for the Saints. Or at least thank the saints. Amen, Amen and Amen.

bclemms is not human, but he is a robot designed to diagnose weather patterns.
Not the last two weeks. I've been playing professional economist and international trade phenom on the EE and PDB boards. It's been a really slow couple months for weather. To Santo Domingo or not to Santo Domingo? That is the question.

I really think this little storm probably gets blown up by dry air and doesn't amount to anything. It's entire existence is to make me do laundry and pack for nothing. I have a meeting in the Northeast on Monday and would have been back home Tuesday. Was going to be the first time I got to fly without lugging around a giant suitcase and two big pelican cases as well as a laptop bag. Now I have to pack for the NE and Puerto Rico or Dominican and the possibility of leaving there to go somewhere else. :(

Not the last two weeks. I've been playing professional economist and international trade phenom on the EE and PDB boards. It's been a really slow couple months for weather. To Santo Domingo or not to Santo Domingo? That is the question.

I really think this little storm probably gets blown up by dry air and doesn't amount to anything. It's entire existence is to make me do laundry and pack for nothing. I have a meeting in the Northeast on Monday and would have been back home Tuesday. Was going to be the first time I got to fly without lugging around a giant suitcase and two big pelican cases as well as a laptop bag. Now I have to pack for the NE and Puerto Rico or Dominican and the possibility of leaving there to go somewhere else. :(
hah. you are soooooo shortchanging yourself. i know you well enough that no matter what else may be going on, you are 100% paying attention to the storm patterns.

probably the brightest hidden gem of sr. i know that at the very least you are aware of how true this statement is. we love your forecasts and insight.

hah. you are soooooo shortchanging yourself. i know you well enough that no matter what else may be going on, you are 100% paying attention to the storm patterns.

probably the brightest hidden gem of sr. i know that at the very least you are aware of how true this statement is. we love your forecasts and insight.
Ha, I'm certainly always paying attention. When it's this slow I just try to catch up on the rest of life.

@Saint_Ward - keep eye on this one. GFS and Euro both wanna take this in right around you. Not a Major, but who knows.

@Saint_Ward - keep eye on this one. GFS and Euro both wanna take this in right around you. Not a Major, but who knows.

Latest euro has landfall near St.Augustine as a Cat 1 and then recurving out to sea after exiting the Georgia coast.

edit- This is 7 days out and things can obviously change. That said, if I lived anywhere on the Florida east coast,I'd be paying close attention

I have been since Saturday.

Won't really know until Thursday.

If it interacts with Hispaniola, it will weaken a lot. Saw some models having it die off, but haven't checked this morning yet.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom