OK.. what if (Pierre Thomas)? (1 Viewer)

Saint Droopy

Born/Raised in Hollygrove
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
What if Pierre goes off against the Bears today to the tune of 135 yds on 23 carries with 2 TDs... do we go into the offseason (assuming either the Skinz or Minny wins) looking to either draft or sign another RB when we know that both Steck and PT can "carry the load" next year if Deuce isn't fully recovered from his injury?

Steck himself has shown that he can be a solid back if given the chance... and if PT goes "Adrian Peterson" against a stout Bears defense... I think our RB situation is solid going into this offseason... we may need to find a practice squad RB to have on "standby" in case of injury.

What do y'all think?

Have to agree with you. Steck has proven to me (a previous Steck doubter) that he can get the tough yards. We give Deuce the chance to come back, knowing that we have plenty of talent waiting in the wings.

I think that it would be difficult for Pierre to really go off, but if he's able to show that he can play - definately he should have the opportunity to prove his worth next year. Stecker's getting up there in age, but he hasn't been punished as most running backs his age have been. Stecker did wonderful in his time starting while Deuce was out, I think the focus should remain on defense and offensive line (I'm still a firm believer that our line is a big reason why our running backs don't get much success) more so than on a RB. There should be plenty of practice squad RBs available for the team to use in case of injury... the two recent additions to the team will likely get the opportunity to remain there through OTAs and into Training camp

What if Pierre goes off against the Bears today to the tune of 135 yds on 23 carries with 2 TDs... do we go into the offseason (assuming either the Skinz or Minny wins) looking to either draft or sign another RB when we know that both Steck and PT can "carry the load" next year if Deuce isn't fully recovered from his injury?

Steck himself has shown that he can be a solid back if given the chance... and if PT goes "Adrian Peterson" against a stout Bears defense... I think our RB situation is solid going into this offseason... we may need to find a practice squad RB to have on "standby" in case of injury.

What do y'all think?

We should keep what we have, yes. Deuce got hurt in week 3 so he should be ok, probably about like he was at the beginning of last year. Reggie is Reggie, Stecker and Pierre are both solid RBs as well as special teams players so they should stay. Don't forget about Jamaal Branch though as a practice squad guy. That is our deepest position. The only positions on offense that should get attention this offseason are RT and LG. I don't think Stinchcomb is horrible, but if there is a upgrade, we should get it, and Alleman may be able to play guard, who knows. Our TEs are decent, again though, if upgrade is out there, take it. I don't think any receivers need to be brought in, ours just need to remember how to catch the damn ball. Meachem will play next year.

He's looking really good so far :)

over 70 yards in the first half so far, making big plays when it counts and making the Bears defense respect the fact that we can run the ball. He's, also, done well in picking up blocks.

Last edited:
Thomas is looking really good. Making the right reads, hitting the hole, and is difficult to tackle.

What do y'all think?

Pierre Thomas looks like the real deal and we do not have a need at RB he runs for 40 yards in the first half against a very good run defense.

Give Reggie the boot and keep Thomas. We can trade Reggie for a pick!

/Being sarcastic
//But Thomas really is good!

I wonder if PT doesn't deserve a real look next year even with the others healthy. He has been running like a stud today.

I'm with you Sounds... with Deuce's persistent knee problems, it may be best to go with PT...

heck 6.8 yards per touch so far isn't bad at all.

I'm with you Sounds... with Deuce's persistent knee problems, it may be best to go with PT...

heck 6.8 yards per touch so far isn't bad at all.

Also keep in Mind that PT is doing this against the Bears defense with Briggs in the lineup. They pretty much shut Ryan Grant down last week. PT could be the real deal and deserves just as much attention as the other backs do. Play the best player and forget their salaries!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom