Okay... Trading Historical Elite offensive weapons for an Unproven rookie QB is a horrible idea and doesn't make sense..Pls stop. (1 Viewer)

Taker597

Hall-of-Famer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Rookie QB needs super talented supporting cast.

Do you want the days of Travis Cadet and Adrain Arrington being your 2nd option?

Just doesn't make sense. You making my brain hurt. Let it go. We ain't trading up top 5 to get a QB. The only person we can trade is Lattimore. I don't even want to do that anymore with all the coaching departures. We are gonna need as much raw talent as possible untill we know that we have great coaches on defense.

The threads are silly but I disagree with your ideology.

Yes, yes you trade away elite skill players for unproven QBs. Especially running backs. You had just better be damn sure that that unproven QB is going to be the man.

It's a crapshoot but the NFL is a crapshoot league.

Would we have been mad if we traded MT in the draft for the Chargers pick? Heck yes we would have. Would we have then been soiling ourselves in October at the thought of Justin Herbert being our QB for the next 15 years... Is the sky blue?

Like I said, it's a huge risk, but I understand any coach/GM who wants to secure the most important position in this league with a guy who they think will be special.

Yes, yes you trade away elite skill players for unproven QBs. Especially running backs. You had just better be damn sure that that unproven QB is going to be the man.

Would we have been mad if we traded MT in the draft for the Chargers pick? Heck yes we would have. Would we have then been soiling ourselves in October at the thought of Justin Herbert being our QB for the next 15 years... Is the sky blue?

Like I said, it's a huge risk, but I understand any coach/GM who wants to secure the most important position in this league with a guy who they think will be special.
Like good elite yes. You're right.

Historical elite like Kamara and Thomas... No. They been breaking 10+ year old records and neither can be healthy the same year, together.

Also, RBs don't have a lot of value for trades, anyway. Elite RB really don't get traded as much WRs. Maybe because no one is willing to match the value.

Last edited:
There are going to be some trades some extentions and some cap cuts...those draft picks are going to be heavily relied upon this up coming season.

This team is going to look familiar but vastly different next season.

Unproven means unproven

To be fair our scouting team has gotten light years better since those days. But I get what you’re saying. Kinda

I don’t think you have to have an elite QB to win a super bowl. Sure, it helps. But being able to play good defense and pound the rock has proven itself time and time again as a sure-fire way to make the playoffs and give yourself a chance.
If we build around the defense I think Jameis is easily good enough to keep this train rolling.

Rookie QB needs super talented supporting cast.

Do you want the days of Travis Cadet and Adrain Arrington being your 2nd option?

Just doesn't make sense. You making my brain hurt. Let it go. We ain't trading up top 5 to get a QB. The only person we can trade is Lattimore. I don't even want to do that anymore with all the coaching departures. We are gonna need as much raw talent as possible untill we know that we have great coaches on defense.
Unfortunately, the Saints are going to lose Lattimore in free-agency. They will sign Ram to his big contract. So trading Lattimore isn’t even worthy of discussing, because he will not be under contract. The Saints will pay their linemen before they pay any DB, big money. As will all NFL teams. Big, good linemen on defense and offense, are a premium. The Saints will not be trading any of their offensive talent, to move up in the top 10 spots. They may however, trade an offensive player to move up say, inside of top 20/early 20’s, I would be willing to bet.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom