OKC Patch (2 Viewers)

Sadly, the market for an NBA team is just not here in New Orleans anymore. I don't think there's any question that the city can support The Saints forever now, and selling out 8-10 home games per season ain't no thang, but when you're talking about having solid attendance at ~40 home games per season, its a WHOLE different story. If The Hornets even come back to NO at all, I wouldn't expect them to be here too much longer.

That said, **** Oklahoma City and the way they have treated the city of New Orleans through this entire thing. Turning on the TV and seeing the Hornets wearing Oklahoma City jerseys makes me want to throw up in my mouth a little. those ignorant bible-thumping, radical right plains-dwellers can keep their little culture-less hellhole of a booger-smear on the map.

Oh, and by the way, have fun with The Oklahoma SuperSonics...we'll see how long that one lasts. At least the city of New Orleans can pull in pro franchises without having to pillage them from other cities in a time of vulnerability.

You are so wrong that I just don't know where to begin.

I know that there are many in OKC who feel the same way that Joe does and are happy to have been able to help the city out when we needed it.

It's hard not to lump everybody in OKC together, but I really do believe that the folks who are legitimately hoping for another Katrina and/or anything else that will let them hang onto our team any longer are in the minority.

A vocal minority, but a minority non(e)theless.

I disagree with his lack of faith in New Orleans as a viable NBA city, but I completely agree with everything else he typed. :shrug:
I also agree with the majority of things typed BESIDES his lack of faith in New Orleans as an NBA city. I am just tired of people just looking at the attendance numbers for the 04-05 season( which by the way was an 18 win season) and saying we can't support the Hornets.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom