OKC Patch (3 Viewers)

Reaction score
So the OKC City Council is trying to strong-arm the Hornets into wearing the OKC patch on the team's jerseys in all games this season, home & away, when there's nothing in the team's temporary relocation agreement about it (remind me why they're wearing the stupid thing in the first place?).

Sour grapes? Didn't their savior Clayton Bennett just buy the Seattle SuperSonics? Isn't the common thought that they'll end up in OKC sooner rather than later? Why do they give a crap what the team wears on their jerseys on the road, or more importantly, when the team is at HOME in the New Orleans Arena?

Hmm...

http://hornetsreport.com/HRForums/showthread.php?t=37304

F Okc... Wouldn't Mind Getting That Chant Going Sunday...

It stands For Oklahoma City [OKC]..

Guys and gals.. I am not in the know here... and I not a basketball fan... But PLEASE cut OKC some slack...

For the past 15 years OKC has rebuilt a rundown area of town, The Original OKC Bricktown... Basically large Brick wharehouses in the early days... They are now transformed into a large area of Night Clubs, restuarants, etc with the convention center and the ford arena there... as well as a newly built baseball park and riverwalk...

They also dammed the river to create and area for boat racing and planning on building a large National Indian Museum and Park on the other side of the river...

The Bigger plan is to re-route I-40 to the north side of town because it is an diving up the growth of the area...

It is my Opinion, and opinion only... That OKC is NOT trying to "Loot" the hornets... But only to gain the recocognition of the NBA, that OKC can support an NBA team.. ANd doing everything that they can to have the NBA community notice this and give approval...

Last years Hornets season was very successful... And the people of OKC stepped up to not only support the Hornets, but the Bricktown area as well... This also included Ice Skating Rinks in the open... Christmas plays in the Civic Center and the area thrived... and as any business leader knows... It was all good...

Ironically, there were storm victums here watching the hornets...

Not once have I ever heard anyone say.. "We want to Keep The Hornets."... NO.. Not once!

But it showed that the people here can support a team, and the future of the area can grow, long after the Hornets return to New Orleans...

I personally do not care for basketball what-so-ever... Unless it's The Arkansas Razorbacks... But that is me personally...

The OU Basketball program is not very popular and proboly never will be as long as they play in Norman down the road.. I am sure the OU is fighting an NBA program tooth and nail...

But the fact of the matter is that.. With Basketball in the winter and all the other festivities that happen then.... It goes hand in hand with Bricktown...

In Closing... Over the past year I have had a good number of people enter my club and find out they are New Orleans Katrina Victums staying here while they decide wether to relocate or move back home.... Either way I have tried to be-friend them, Buy them beers... and welcome them here and talk Saints football... Some have moved back home.. some have not... and I have even hired 2 so far...

Please understand we/I/us/OKC are not San Antonio.... Please at least allow us the curtousy to have at least been the place that was avalible for the Hornets to go to... And Please remember we welcomed them and others as well... Never once trying steal them from anyone... Only to try and prove that if we had our own, we would take care of them too...

Joe

Sorry Joe, I can't look at it like that. For one thing, OKC citizens are NOT OKC officials. Officials are usually more sinister and have hidden agendas. Second, the NBA has already recognized OKC as a good place for basketball.

When the Hornets walk on to the court in OKC they call them "Your Hometown Hornets". "HOMETOWN". The Saints NEVER changed their name to the New Orleans/San Antonio Saints.

The games, maybe NOLA isn't ready for 41 NBA games but I would think that they could handle at least 15-25. The little amount of games being played there is a joke.

Things just smell funny there....and its NOT the average fan and citizen of OKC. I DO believe that they are good people. Its the Shinn, the NBA, and OKC officials that bother me.

Last edited:
Why would anyone care what they think or try to do? The decision belongs to NBA officials and David Stern.

I recognize that some people rooting for the Hornets in OKC are good people and they view the Hornets in OKC as temporary. But so many of these people have been so mean towards N.O. that I don't care anymore about being nice.

As for SA, those people were nothing when it comes to these looters. Read some of this stuff at Hornetscentral.com. It makes me want to hit somebody, and hard. You have some of these people who have never been to N.O. saying nothing but disparaging things about my city and the people who live, mainly black people.

To make matters worse, you have George Shinn, a guy who makes Tom Benson look like an angel, not standing up to the ruthless menace that is the Oklahoma City Council. Some of the guys at Hornetsreport.com have done a very good job at investigating and getting down to the point of what is going on behind closed doors inside the Hornets org. They could write a book on this stuff if they choose too.

There is no question that OKC deserves a team. Their support for the Hornets has been exemplary while N.O. was down and out. But to take the Hornets because of a natural catastrophe like Katrina is wrong and hypocritical. Everyone knows that tornado could move through downtown OKC any spring.

I am a season ticket holder for the Hornets since day 1 of moving to N.O. I have missed just a hand full of games since being they have been here. We have already lost the Jazz and we really don't want to lose another NBA team.

It has been a real fight to keep N.O. in mind while Hornets have been in OKC. I have had to go see my team in BR, just like I did to see the Saints, blow a 25 point lead and hear Byron Scott blame the fans for the loss. I don't want to hear it anymore. The Hornets are coming back because Caesar, I mean David Stern, says so. Oh yea, tonight I will be wearing my own patch and if it gets me kicked out of the game so be it.

Guys and gals.. I am not in the know here... and I not a basketball fan... But PLEASE cut OKC some slack...

For the past 15 years OKC has rebuilt a rundown area of town, The Original OKC Bricktown... Basically large Brick wharehouses in the early days... They are now transformed into a large area of Night Clubs, restuarants, etc with the convention center and the ford arena there... as well as a newly built baseball park and riverwalk...

They also dammed the river to create and area for boat racing and planning on building a large National Indian Museum and Park on the other side of the river...

The Bigger plan is to re-route I-40 to the north side of town because it is an diving up the growth of the area...

It is my Opinion, and opinion only... That OKC is NOT trying to "Loot" the hornets... But only to gain the recocognition of the NBA, that OKC can support an NBA team.. ANd doing everything that they can to have the NBA community notice this and give approval...

Last years Hornets season was very successful... And the people of OKC stepped up to not only support the Hornets, but the Bricktown area as well... This also included Ice Skating Rinks in the open... Christmas plays in the Civic Center and the area thrived... and as any business leader knows... It was all good...

Not once have I ever heard anyone say.. "We want to Keep The Hornets."... NO.. Not once!

But it showed that the people here can support a team, and the future of the area can grow, long after the Hornets return to New Orleans...

I personally do not care for basketball what-so-ever... Unless it's The Arkansas Razorbacks... But that is me personally...

The OU Basketball program is not very popular and proboly never will be as long as they play in Norman down the road.. I am sure the OU is fighting an NBA program tooth and nail...

But the fact of the matter is that.. With Basketball in the winter and all the other festivities that happen then.... It goes hand in hand with Bricktown...

In Closing... Over the past year I have had a good number of people enter my club and find out they are New Orleans Katrina Victums staying here while they decide wether to relocate or move back home.... Either way I have tried to be-friend them, Buy them beers... and welcome them here and talk Saints football... Some have moved back home.. some have not... and I have even hired 2 so far...

Please understand we/I/us/OKC are not San Antonio.... Please at least allow us the curtousy to have at least been the place that was avalible for the Hornets to go to... And Please remember we welcomed them and others as well... Never once trying steal them from anyone... Only to try and prove that if we had our own, we would take care of them too...

Joe

I would never say anything bad about the citizens of OKC, I believe they're real nice people. I had the chance to visit back in April. But the city officials, Shinn, and the NBA should be ashamed of themselves. Yeah, I believe Stern will send them back to NO, but to allow the BS is wrong. I wouldn't worry about the people on message boards, I truly believe they account for <1% of how the population in OKC really feel.

Joe
Sorry Joe, but if you have never seen or witnessed anyone in OKC trying to loot the Hornets, you must not watch the news or read the newspaper. It is evident and blatant. Certainly, the average citizen is not at fault, but the OKC reps are ruthless in their pursuit of the Hornets. It is also well known that much of that support has been from the corporations purchasing large blocks of the higher priced tickets to give away (which works great in a short term, but cannot continue on a long term basis). The remaining tickets are some of the least expensive in the NBA.

OKC people for the most part are nice and don't even want to keep our team, i hope everybody welcome The OKC people that will become Die hards and Follow Them To New Orleans when they return.

i hope everybody welcome The OKC people that will become Die hards and Follow Them To New Orleans when they return.
Like all those Saints fans in San Antonio?

Like all those Saints fans in San Antonio?

Yeah if they are still following the saints and coming in New Orleans to Spend money and help the effort in selling out tickets, welcome them to the city, Not everybody should be in the same evil catagory as some in San Antonio that just wanted to take something from a city just to throw it back in the'yre faces after a Natural Disaster.
Some people From San Antonio were already fans or just didn't like the Cowboys and wanted another team to cheer for instead of the overrated "American bull crap Team"

Excitment by the people here is low... Couple people that never been to a PRO game before... That's it...

But hey... I got 75% around me Saints Fans.... Damned BandWagon...

Hornets Geaux Home....

Joe

Last edited:
This is just dumb.

Take OKC out of the equation and die-hard fans of the Hornets would complain about any city no matter what the truth is.

The fact remains that NO lost a basketball team previously they couldnot or wouldnot support. The attendance was terrible Pre-K. Just as an above poster mentioned that the board represents less than 1% of the OKC fanbase... I'd venture to say the same about posters here. Most people in NO and the surrounding areas could probably care less about a basketball team they weren't truly attached to to begin with.

Back when the Montreal Expos were getting ready to leave for the DC area no one showed up for games but you still had a few fans that cared enough to show up and protest their leaving...

Are you this guy?

Attachments

• _1643240_expos300.jpg
    _1643240_expos300.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 100

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom