O'Keefe Resigns (1 Viewer)

RJ in Lafayette

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It was just announced that Sean O'Keefe has resigned as LSU-Baton Rouge chancellor. System president Lombardi got his way.

Does anyone know why Lombardi was so insistent that O'Keefe be replaced?

My guess is that he has someone in mind. Just a guess though.

I know his selection wasn't the most popular decision among academics, but up until the reports came out less than a month ago that some wanted him gone I thought he was well-liked by all involved.

There are plans for a shiny new business school, LSU won the national championship, fundraising has been going well; it seems like he did a good job.

He did an excellent job. Lombardi is a jack***. O'keefe had LSU moving foreward and Lombardi wanted to play politics.

Given the very little I know, and I know little based on what I have read, Lombardi wants the power, wants his own man in charge, and thinks that O'Keefe was not instrumental in univesity achievements over the past few years (and I have no idea of whether this has merit or not).

Lombardi does make noise.

Look at what Lombardi did during his time at Florida. He picks fights with everyone and now it continues at LSU.

According to the Daily Reveille, Lombardi was hired by the Board with the promise that he would get rid of O'Keefe. The whole thing just seems shady to me. O'Keefe, I think, made himself very open to the students, the paper, everything, and it seems like he has done a great job fundraising which is what LSU is trying so hard to do right now.

According to the Daily Reveille, Lombardi was hired by the Board with the promise that he would get rid of O'Keefe. The whole thing just seems shady to me. O'Keefe, I think, made himself very open to the students, the paper, everything, and it seems like he has done a great job fundraising which is what LSU is trying so hard to do right now.

:plus-un2:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom