Analysis Olave's 52-yard TD - How he beat Jalen Ramsey (1 Viewer)

Guys I really don’t think most people on this board appreciate the type of talent we have. And we were fortunate to get him. I know we had to trade up but sometimes you just have to pay for quality. I would make this trade over and over again. This guy will be in our lineup for the next decade. He is special.

For all those who keep whining about the fact that we gave up next year‘s first round pick, just know that there are some of us that think it was totally worth it. THERE I SAID IT!
I know he wasn't technically employed when we drafted Olave, but trading up to pick a WR in the first is the most Sean Payton move ever. There's no way he didn't give some input on that pick, or at least give his stamp of approval.

The thing about Olave is his stride, arm swing, body position at 80% speed looks the same as it does at 100. It makes it very difficult for a CB in his backpedal to judge. By the time Ramsey reacts to his break, he's already beat.
A lot in common with top-end baseball pitching mechanics. Make the change-up look like the heater.

We should run that play, or others similar to it, to either Olave or Shaheed, no less than 2 or 3 times a game. Even if you don't connect, it opens up the underneath stuff a little more. Olave ran a perfect route, and Dalton put it in the perfect spot. Loved seeing it!

That's never been a part of Olave's game, ever. Even in college. Unless it's easy YAC (one man to beat) or designed YAC, he's taking the sure catch and playing for the next down. You'll never see him try to fight for extra yardage in a crowd of defenders. Why would he? He doesn't have the body type for it, nor is it something he's ever excelled at. But the Torry Holt/Marvin Harrison type of separation ability is special and something we should be extremely grateful for.
CO is currently listed at 6’1 , 188 lbs. So during the offseason, l look for him to add another 5-10 lbs of muscle, perhaps more in his upper body to fight off defenders n make more contested catches! Jus a thought

CO is currently listed at 6’1 , 188 lbs. So during the offseason, l look for him to add another 5-10 lbs of muscle, perhaps more in his upper body to fight off defenders n make more contested catches! Jus a thought

The average relative body size (RBS =weight lbs/height inches) for a top 25 WR for the last decade or so is about 2.72. With Olave's listed height/weight he's at 2.57, but if he were to get to 200lbs he'd jump to 2.739. He's already bigger than Marvin Harrison, but is 12lbs less than Holt who seems to be the popular comp for him now.

I was just pleased to see Olave catch a pass and not immediately go to the turf.
They even threw him a quick WR screen! I couldn’t believe it! I thought Olave was just going to catch that and instantly go down or get out of bounds, but he actually tried to get some tough yards!!! It really surprised me!
Maybe half a Hubigs pie

I actually don't know if I'd want him to add any weight really. I don't see the upside. Fighting off defenders will never be his game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom