Old man problems or TMI (1 Viewer)

WhoDatPhan78

Definitely not part of the deep state.
Reaction score
Has anyone ever been prescribed ciprofloacin?

I have symptoms that match prostatitis. This has been an occasional problem for me for about 15 years, but since these flare ups have often been accompanied by hemorrhoids, I’ve always just assumed the problem was related to that. Only recently did I realize that the hemorrhoids are just a byproduct of something else.

So my doctor gave me cipro to take and see if it helps the problem(s).

It’s also commonly perscribed for UTIs and other things...

I’ve already taken my first dose and am now reading horror stories about people rupturing their Achilles and all sorts of other terrible side effects.

Since people are more likely to complain online about the negative than talk about the positive, I’m wondering if these bad experiences are not a representative sample.

Has anyone been on this antibiotic before, and if so, did you have any bad reactions?

Also, if anyone has chronic prostate problems and wants to help a brother out, I’m all ears...

i have. Cipro used to be the SHIRT.
got over prescribed.

The only antibiotic i was warned about ( regarding tendons ) was Levaquin. I hadnt heard that about Cipro...but if they in same "family" then i could see.

But no issues other than a sour stomach when i took on empty stomach lol.

edit- Yes Cipro and Levaquin same family- Fluoroquinolone

I feel ya. I pee or have the urge to pee constantly. No meds taken for that. Doc said enlarged prostate. Good luck with it Phan.

For me the commercials scare me away. I’d rather have the ailment than the med. In most cases. Not pertaining to my skull pressure. I’ll take the meds all day for that.

I feel ya. I pee or have the urge to pee constantly. No meds taken for that. Doc said enlarged prostate. Good luck with it Phan.

For me the commercials scare me away. I’d rather have the ailment than the med. In most cases. Not pertaining to my skull pressure. I’ll take the meds all day for that.

Yea commercials for medications are basically just billboards for side effects even if they occur in 1 out of every 100,000.

Thanks every lawyer who reads this.

Back on topic.. or More TMI

I have the peeing symptoms you all have, but also some bowel related issues. My symptoms also seem to start up after a particullary difficult bowel movement, then continue for days or sometimes weeks.

Burning when I pee.
Dull ache in my poop hole area for hours after a bowel movement.
Peeing too often, either peeing forever, or never getting started.
Blood in stool, sometimes accompanied by external hemorrhoids, but sometimes not.
The poop hole dull ache and peepee hole burning sometimes occur after sex during these flareups, despite the poop hole not being involved in the sex in any way. Seriously.

I’m saying all of this because it’s not the type of thing people are comfortable talking about (or hearing about) even to their doctor. I know my female doctor had a look on her face today that suggested she wished I was less comfortable talking about it.

But I can’t be the only one. Let’s compare symptoms, because it may be that even the doctors aren’t getting the full story.

Yea commercials for medications are basically just billboards for side effects even if they occur in 1 out of every 100,000.

Thanks every lawyer who reads this.

Back on topic.. or More TMI

I have the peeing symptoms you all have, but also some bowel related issues. My symptoms also seem to start up after a particullary difficult bowel movement, then continue for days or sometimes weeks.

Burning when I pee.
Dull ache in my poop hole area for hours after a bowel movement.
Peeing too often, either peeing forever, or never getting started.
Blood in stool, sometimes accompanied by external hemorrhoids, but sometimes not.
The poop hole dull ache and peepee hole burning sometimes occur after sex during these flareups, despite the poop hole not being involved in the sex in any way. Seriously.

I’m saying all of this because it’s not the type of thing people are comfortable talking about (or hearing about) even to their doctor. I know my female doctor had a look on her face today that suggested she wished I was less comfortable talking about it.

But I can’t be the only one. Let’s compare symptoms, because it may be that even the doctors aren’t getting the full story.

Agreed. Thanks @superchuck500 You blow.

On topic,

I have the pee symptoms you describe, almost to a tee. I have to take UTI stuff OTC all the time. And it takes me forever to get it out nowadays. I don’t have any bowel issues, yet. Can’t speak on that.

When I was being wheeled into my latest emergency trauma surgery one of my team of doctors asked me how long my kidneys hadn’t been working, as he looked over my chart. That was news to me and I immediately panicked at the thought of renal failure.
Ahh the joys of getting older. I never did get him to expound on that alarming question. Lol.

Man, sometimes you have to pay attention to those warnings. There is an oral diabetes med called Jardiance. Side effects include ketoacidosis and possible death. Believe that shirt. After taking it for 6 weeks, I develped ketoacidosis and almost died. Pumped a liter and a half of blood and fluids out of my stomach. Hospital is only 5 minutes from the house & doc said I probably wouldn't have made it if I had been further away. Pain way worse than the kidney stones I had a few years back. In ICU for a week. I've simplified and just inject insulin now.

Anyhow, I read those side affects on anything I take and avoid anything that isn't absolutely essential. Learned my lesson.

To the OP, I have taken Cipro a couple of times, as has my wife, with no problems. But that can vary from person to person

Man, sometimes you have to pay attention to those warnings. There is an oral diabetes med called Jardiance. Side effects include ketoacidosis and possible death. Believe that shirt. After taking it for 6 weeks, I develped ketoacidosis and almost died. Pumped a liter and a half of blood and fluids out of my stomach. Hospital is only 5 minutes from the house & doc said I probably wouldn't have made it if I had been further away. Pain way worse than the kidney stones I had a few years back. In ICU for a week. I've simplified and just inject insulin now.

Anyhow, I read those side affects on anything I take and avoid anything that isn't absolutely essential. Learned my lesson.

To the OP, I have taken Cipro a couple of times, as has my wife, with no problems. But that can vary from person to person

That’s scary stuff Mite. Glad you’re ok! And totally agree.

i don’t like to piss if anyone is around (60/40%). makes it difficult in public. i worry about getting up too often during the night to pee, but i drink at least a litre of water between the hour i fall asleep and am asleep. so i don’t think it is a problem yet. i just don’t want anyone to know i am pissing. i enjoy that time and don’t want some jackass interrupting it.

When I was being wheeled into my latest emergency trauma surgery one of my team of doctors asked me how long my kidneys hadn’t been working, as he looked over my chart. That was news to me and I immediately panicked at the thought of renal failure
Yeah, well, that is pretty damned scary, too. Geez.

Relatively unrelated, but I’m reading studies that take a look at the correlation between brain aneruyms and hemerrhoids. My father, and all three of his siblings have had brain aneruysms. Two of his sisters died form them, my father survived a rupture, and his brother has an unreptured one. Their father also died from a rupture. I know my father also had hemorrohoids, that’s not something I’d probally have found out about for my aunts and uncle.

I understand why people protect their medical history, but I think their is also value in sharing it.

i don’t like to piss if anyone is around (60/40%). makes it difficult in public. i worry about getting up too often during the night to pee, but i drink at least a litre of water between the hour i fall asleep and am asleep. so i don’t think it is a problem yet. i just don’t want anyone to know i am pissing. i enjoy that time and don’t want some jackass interrupting it.

I don't get that way over peeing. However..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom