Old man problems or TMI (1 Viewer)

Like Hank Hill, I have a narrow urethra.

As someone who went to basic training at Ft Sill in the 90s when it was male only, only people who have ben to basic training are going to truly get your reference.

Jackson here. 90’s also. And true. Didn’t think about that lol.

This thread reminds me of a pet peeve of mine...

Me: Long time no see, how ya been?

Them: Well, My rumatiz is acting up, my gall bladder's been infected., I been having to take suppositories to get the bowel movements going again and I just passed a kidney stone.

Me: A Simple I've been better would have done the trick...

but seriously.... Ouch... Being 54 isn't what it's cracked up to be.. When I found sr.com I was 33 or something... Shirt was different then.. Now my aches and pains have aches and pains

I don't think I have any prostate issues but the freakin Hemorrhoids have been on fire for awhile. I do drink tons of water and pee a lot. I work from home and my physical activity has really slowed down. The Hemorrhoids flare up is due to a combination of things mainly diet. I find a banana and three tablespoons of honey a day really helps out. But if I find myself on the can crying out for mercy I'll take a laxative. But I won't have movement for at least 5 days. It can be a vicious cycle. Stool softeners do not work for me. I have had a couple of bouts with Hemorrhoids in the past but this recent episode is the worst.

Good lord you guys with the hemorrhoids are scaring the heck out of me. Sorry for yall’s pain and I’m thankful I’ve never had one of those.
*Knocks on wood.

i don’t like to piss if anyone is around (60/40%). makes it difficult in public. i worry about getting up too often during the night to pee, but i drink at least a litre of water between the hour i fall asleep and am asleep. so i don’t think it is a problem yet. i just don’t want anyone to know i am pissing. i enjoy that time and don’t want some jackass interrupting it.
It's funny that you say this. I like to hang out in bathrooms and judge people by how strong the stream of their urine appears to be.

What an old man thread we have going on here. Anyone with gout?

As for me, my issues are reflux and plantar fasciitis. I solved the reflux when I was running and lost a bunch of weight. The running led to plantar fasciitis. Had to stop running, which lead to weight gain, and back to reflux. Don't tell me to eat better as a way to lose weight because I will kill you.
I forget who it was as on here who clued me in on his gout preventive care but it's 1000mg of vitamin c per day. It's purely anecdotal but I don't have flare ups when I stick to it.

51 here. I have had a bad bout of viral gastroenteritis for the last 2 weeks. Been peeing out of my butt. Had to go to the hospital a couple of times. I was at 190 now I am down to 175. I have prostate medicine that i need to take every day but we are financially in a bad place so I cannot take it like I want to. I am usually around 2 or 3 times a day for bowel movements, sometimes 4 or 5, sometimes just once. After this happened to me, No dairy, no coffee or tea. Very small portions now. I get nauseated a lot now.

51 here. I have had a bad bout of viral gastroenteritis for the last 2 weeks. Been peeing out of my butt. Had to go to the hospital a couple of times. I was at 190 now I am down to 175. I have prostate medicine that i need to take every day but we are financially in a bad place so I cannot take it like I want to. I am usually around 2 or 3 times a day for bowel movements, sometimes 4 or 5, sometimes just once. After this happened to me, No dairy, no coffee or tea. Very small portions now. I get nauseated a lot now.

That sucks AP. Hope you feel better soon. I could not live without my sweet tea.

Has anyone ever been prescribed ciprofloacin?

I have symptoms that match prostatitis. This has been an occasional problem for me for about 15 years, but since these flare ups have often been accompanied by hemorrhoids, I’ve always just assumed the problem was related to that. Only recently did I realize that the hemorrhoids are just a byproduct of something else.

So my doctor gave me cipro to take and see if it helps the problem(s).

It’s also commonly perscribed for UTIs and other things...

I’ve already taken my first dose and am now reading horror stories about people rupturing their Achilles and all sorts of other terrible side effects.

Since people are more likely to complain online about the negative than talk about the positive, I’m wondering if these bad experiences are not a representative sample.

Has anyone been on this antibiotic before, and if so, did you have any bad reactions?

Also, if anyone has chronic prostate problems and wants to help a brother out, I’m all ears...

Hey OP, I had the prostatitis symptoms last year about this time. Dr prescribed Bactrim as my antibiotic and he actually mentioned cipro and the Achilles issue as to why he chooses to use bactrim. The bactrim knocked it out after a 30 day, 2 pills per day dose but my stomach was in a terrible place for that whole month. Maybe ask your Dr about an alternative if you're concerned.

Hey OP, I had the prostatitis symptoms last year about this time. Dr prescribed Bactrim as my antibiotic and he actually mentioned cipro and the Achilles issue as to why he chooses to use bactrim. The bactrim knocked it out after a 30 day, 2 pills per day dose but my stomach was in a terrible place for that whole month. Maybe ask your Dr about an alternative if you're concerned.

Man 30 days? My flareups usually come and go in less time than that.

If it’s going to get rid of it for good, then it’d be worth it.

On day 2 of cipro. So far only stomach issues, that are to be expected.

Man 30 days? My flareups usually come and go in less time than that.

If it’s going to get rid of it for good, then it’d be worth it.

On day 2 of cipro. So far only stomach issues, that are to be expected.

Yeah, I've never had antibiotics for more that 7 days at most so 30 surprised me. That stuff destroyed my gut bacteria. Its some serious business but after that my PSA blood tests came back normal and the finger check was normal too. Guess it worked!

Damn y’all starting to worry me with this old man ****

I take a nice healthy post-coffee dump every day, pee once during the night. I can still do a back flip into the pool, run 6-7 miles, and last Saturday had stand-up sex with my wife in the pantry while our daughter was in the den, then again later on the the living room floor while she was taking her bath (son was at work). Also drove a NASCAR two weeks ago.

Getting older doesn’t have to suck :)

Damn y’all starting to worry me with this old man ****

I take a nice healthy post-coffee dump every day, pee once during the night. I can still do a back flip into the pool, run 6-7 miles, and last Saturday had stand-up sex with my wife in the pantry while our daughter was in the den, then again later on the the living room floor while she was taking her bath (son was at work). Also drove a NASCAR two weeks ago.

Getting older doesn’t have to suck :)
I am jealous.....of your post coffee dump. Didn't you have problems with a tooth, Gabby?

have no info yet but will follow closely. Im getting up a bunch of times to pee in the night and need to set up an appointment with a doc
FYI, I was having this issue as well. If you are a snorer, you might want to get checked for sleep apnea. If you are waking up because you can't breathe many times, you'll think it was because you needed to pee. Since I've gotten that under control, I've no problem sleeping thru the night. Flowmax, the other remedy however, will eventually cause ED from what I've read.

YMMV....not a Dr...Didn't sleep at holiday inn express...

FYI, I was having this issue as well. If you are a snorer, you might want to get checked for sleep apnea. If you are waking up because you can't breathe many times, you'll think it was because you needed to pee. Since I've gotten that under control, I've no problem sleeping thru the night. Flowmax, the other remedy however, will eventually cause ED from what I've read.

YMMV....not a Dr...Didn't sleep at holiday inn express...

I would have never thought of this as a possible problem. I don't think I do that but it could be. I may have had this issue for many years and not known. When you drink all night, you assume that is why you pee all night.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom