"Old Toys" or "Life Before Everything Became Too Dangerous to Play With" (1 Viewer)

They could still do it, but I don't think kids play bottle rocket war anymore. Or maybe my kids hang with the wrong crowd.

cant find those tiny bottle rockets around here anymore. i think they were banned.

Plenty of time spent firing at each other across neutral ground. Man, did they put out some sparks at take off.

Had a friend throw a lawn dart up in the air and hit himself in the head. it stuck in his skull, but not far enough to ruin his brain. Had a dent in his head he could put a pencil in later in life.
Well... at least now I know who to blame it on.

My childhood was similar. However the lawn darts we loved. Put one ring in the front yard, one in the back and throw them over the house. Maybe not the smartest thing we ever did

We knew some girls down the block who had an Easy Bake Oven, and we were stupid enough to believe that someone could actually (completely) bake a cake with a light bulb. :hihi:

Last edited:
My childhood was similar. However the lawn darts we loved. Put one ring in the front yard, one in the back and throw them over the house. Maybe not the smartest thing we ever did

yes it was.

it was the person who walked out house while game going on that was the dummy. ;)

Got a couple of trampoline head injuries that say maybe padding/netting that stuff isn't such a bad idea.

I don't see kids toting slingshots and pockets full of marbles these days.

Well... at least now I know who to blame it on.

Anybody ever load up sandwich bags with ants and tape them to baseballs?

My favorite was going to a friends house on da bayou who had a long shell driveway. We'd have oyster shell fights and you could really get those things rocking like tiny, sharp frisbees.

I don't see kids toting slingshots and pockets full of marbles these days.

Wow do you remember the WristRocket?

Got mine at Oshmans Sporting goods.

I would buy the steel marbles (we called em "steelies" when playing marbles) and shoot at doves on the electcial wires behind my home.

Never hit one... Ever.. Nor did I ever give a thought to where those steelies landed. Sigh.

Oh man t growing up in the 80s was awesome lol love this nostalgia.

I would buy the steel marbles (we called em "steelies" when playing marbles) and shoot at doves on the electcial wires behind my home.

I haven't used the term "steelies" in decades.

I believe they were the most valuable currency of the various marble values (of course, bigger is better).

Props to you, sir.

Anybody ever load up sandwich bags with ants and tape them to baseballs?

My favorite was going to a friends house on da bayou who had a long shell driveway. We'd have oyster shell fights and you could really get those things rocking like tiny, sharp frisbees.
Dude, don't make me start worrying about you. :shocked:
:hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom