Ole Miss vs LSU game thread (2 Viewers)

I really DON'T think we would beat Bama but lose out on the rest but I posed the question because I'm curious where the sentiment is by taking it to an extreme and your post put it very simply that a win over Bama would secure him the job.
I think a win over Bama would do wonders but there has to be more. Where is that sweet spot?

Bama and A&M? Bama, Fla and Ark? All four?

where?
Bama is the great white whale out there for LSU. Beating them is the step our program has to take if we want to get to the bowl championship series and become national champs again. I think that's the standard that will be set for the next coach. I think if we beat Bama and lose one game down the stretch, O could get the job. If he runs the table, he should definitely get the job. If he loses to Bama and wins out the rest of the year, I agree he could get the job, but I foresee the big money members of TAF wanting to find a coach they think could actually go toe to toe with Saban. Easier said than done, but I think that's what they'll be looking for.

I think Orgeron gets the job if he beats ark and fla but loses to bama and A &M albet playing them close.

I just have a feeling that this gumbo has been in the works for a while now.

I would even go so far as to say that the hiring of Orgeron was a sign that Miles was on thin ice. Orgeron's reach is far in south La and he has a LOT of support in the right places

I think Oregon has the job locked up. I just don't see LSU or anyone beating Bama this year. I think the good news for LSU fans is the recruiting job that yaw yaw can do for the school. When my son was being recruited he was looked at by LSU but they wanted him to come in and play D line when he was clearly a OL guy. That was under Miles and I never understood that.

Maybe you're right, Brown. I would be disappointed if we lost to ATM, though. Overall, we have better talent than them, and I think we can beat them in their house (again).

LSU is in a tough spot. Because Orgeron has, I think, done better than expected. Therefore what do you do?? I don't think LSUs gonna win out. Just too many tough games left, but what if he loses only 1 game, which is possible the way they are playing right now, what do you do??

Coach O has probably earned the job at that point, but honestly, I don't see Ed Orgeron as being the next great SEC coach. Sorry. Don't see him as the "Saban slayer." Not long term. In Tiger Stadium in 2 weeks, they could beat Bama.

But do you hire a defensive line coach as your head coach?? Yeah, I know he was at Ole Miss. He was awful at Ole Miss. Maybe he just has a special gift as an interim coach to get the guys to play better. But is this the master strategist we need to knock off Saban?? I just don't see it.

I'm not sure a Saban slayer actually exists. I do know the Tigers look a whole lot better under Orgeron thus far. The offensive numbers are somewhat staggering when you consider this is an interim group.....but I conceed the competition has been weak. The real test for Orgeron and Co. is the next 4 games. If he only loses one game, I think he will (and should be) offered the job. Lose two, and it's more of a coin flip whether he will be offered. A lot depends on the eye test. How do they look? So far, you would have to give him a solid A or even A+. Let's see how he looks when the test gets harder. I'm an O supporter at this point. I like his energy and he's a proven recruiter.

Keep in mind that this staff is rolling with the punches. They are filling in after a coach was fired. That's not necessarily easy buisness. Sure helps to have a guy like Aranda calling the defense. Like it or not, he's a short timer at LSU. He's got head coach written all over him. This could be his last year coaching the Tigers....who knows?

I also think availability of other top coaches will come into play with Orgeron. If he loses two games close, but Herman and Fisher are off the table....the Tigers may decide he's as good as anyone else. Again, the next four games will tell us everything we need to know concerning Coach O.

I think Oregon has the job locked up. I just don't see LSU or anyone beating Bama this year. I think the good news for LSU fans is the recruiting job that yaw yaw can do for the school. When my son was being recruited he was looked at by LSU but they wanted him to come in and play D line when he was clearly a OL guy. That was under Miles and I never understood that.

WHOOOOOOAAAA ...sloow down there Silver.

I dont think he does just yet. The test is coming over the next 3 games.

To his credit, the offensive output has darn near tripled from Les. However, one can argue that all they did was start calling plays that allows the talent of LSU players to actually shine.

So the questions becomes more of can he continue this or is he riding the wave of talent that LSU has on its roster.

I like him - i think the energy level he brings, the ability to get the boys ready both physically and mentally - thats a good coach. I just want to see Bama game in particular. How they handle adversity vs a team that has had our number for 5 years running.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom