Olinde Mare (1 Viewer)

Haven't seen the game, but Mora is an ******* if he blames the kicker for losing the game 25-19...
I don't know about you but he screwed us in 2007 and Gramatica did the same in 2008. Kicker can singlehandedly cost you a game. We need to be careful about Carney and make the right choice once Hartley comes back because he'll be gone quickly.

Here's a link to the story.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/27/jim-mora-isnt-very-happy-with-olindo-mare/

"There's no excuses for those. If you're a kicker in the National Football League you should make those kicks -- bottom line. End of story. Period. No excuses. No wind, doesn't matter. You've gotta makes those kicks," Mora said, just warming up.

"Especially in a game like this, where you're kicking and fighting and scratching your tail off and you miss those kicks, it's not acceptable. Not acceptable. Absolutely not acceptable."

Mora's final comments on Mare made it sound like the team will look for new options shortly.

"We're not going to fight our *** off, and have a field goal kicker go out there and miss two field goals and lose a game. It's not going to happen."

all he is missing is "THEY ARE WHAT WE THOUGHT THEY WERE, WE HAD THEM ON THE HOOK AND WE LET THEM OFF," as he hits the podium and storms off.

Learn from ya daddy about "coulda, woulda, shoulda"

Cant find it yet, but he basically blamed mare for the loss saying the team busted their ***** (butts) and the kicker blew it. Reminded me of the diddly poo press conference

Housh fumble.
Wallace interception.
Defense not making stops.
Kicker missing field goals.

How do you hone in on the kicker, Junior?

Forget Senior's "diddly poo" press conference. Junior should take a lesson from one of Daddy's other press conferences documented in this encyclopedia entry:

After a 7-9 record his first season, Mora led the Saints to a 12-3 record in 1987. That was the Saints' first season over .500 and its first playoff appearance. In week 6 of the 1987 season the Saints lost a 24-22 heartbreaker to the 49ers, missing a last-second field goal. After the game Mora launched what became known as his "Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda" speech. In his postgame press conference, Mora angrily said the following: The 1987 NFL season was the 68th regular season of the National Football League. ...

“ The Saints ain't good enough. We're close, and close don't mean ****. I'm tired of coming close. I'm ****** off right now. You bet your *** I am. I'm sick of coulda, woulda, shoulda, coming close, if only. ”

The Saints responded by winning their last 9 games. The team's 12-3 record in the 1987 season was the second-best in the NFL that year. Unfortunately for them, the San Francisco 49ers had the league's best record (13-2) and played in the same division.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom